What's new

PIF: West Coast Shaving-Zingari Man "SOLOIST"

Not in! Am curious about the Sego base from Zingari as her older Smitten Soapery line is EXCELLENT, but have a crazy number of soaps already so perhaps it could make some lucky winner very happy!

Favorite Trumpet player has to be Chuck Mangeoni:)

I'm in. Miles Davis is my favorite and has been since the first time I heard jazz. To me he has so much soul added to his playing. I really love when you can hear an artists soul in their music regardless of the genre. But jazz is all about adding and leaving your soul in the music.

Mrs. G. has drawn a name and the winner is....

@mrdoug!

Thanks for all the genuine interest and the engaging discussion of some great trumpeters of yesteryear and today! Keep the music alive, as I intend to keep playing my horn in this great American art form!

Regarding the soap: The Zingari Man Sego base is serious contender among the top performers! Ms. Heather Melton clearly knows what she is doing! The Soloist scent, to me, was more than a little dark, strong in the tobacco & rum of the dry puck; however, (like so many soaps) became lighter, sweeter, and much more well-rounded with the pink pepper scents really coming out upon lathering. If you like the performance of the Barrister & Mann Excelsior base (my absolute favorite), then you should absolutely give Zingari Man Sego a whirl.

Congratulations @mrdoug, I will send you a PM today!

PEACE

Mrs. G. has drawn a name and the winner is....

@mrdoug!

Thanks for all the genuine interest and the engaging discussion of some great trumpeters of yesteryear and today! Keep the music alive, as I intend to keep playing my horn in this great American art form!

Regarding the soap: The Zingari Man Sego base is serious contender among the top performers! Ms. Heather Melton clearly knows what she is doing! The Soloist scent, to me, was more than a little dark, strong in the tobacco & rum of the dry puck; however, (like so many soaps) became lighter, sweeter, and much more well-rounded with the pink pepper scents really coming out upon lathering. If you like the performance of the Barrister & Mann Excelsior base (my absolute favorite), then you should absolutely give Zingari Man Sego a whirl.

Congratulations @mrdoug, I will send you a PM today!

PEACE
Congratulations @mrdoug. Get great shaves out of the soap!

Thank you so much!

A wonderful PIF with a great theme. I am very excited to give this a try and quite happy to see a wonderful homage to a musical artform by Zingari Man and WCS.

Hey, I'm about to purchase my next shaving brush: A Simpson's Tulip (1 or 2, not sure yet) in Super Badger. Who know's, maybe Mrs. G will order me an extra one of those too and I'll get to do this all over again! Perhaps a "Tulips of Spring" themed give away!

Congratulations to the winner, but I have to shout out for a few I didn't see listed:
Chet Baker
Maynard Ferguson
Cat Anderson
Bunny Berigan
Bix Beiderbecke
Freddie Hubbard
Randy Brecker
Clark Terry
Bill Chase
Doc Severinson
Herb Alpert
and I have to include my very good friend Jeff Helgesen.

Congratulations to the winner, but I have to shout out for a few I didn't see listed:
Chet Baker
Maynard Ferguson
Cat Anderson
Bunny Berigan
Bix Beiderbecke
Freddie Hubbard
Randy Brecker
Clark Terry
Bill Chase
Doc Severinson
Herb Alpert
and I have to include my very good friend Jeff Helgesen.
Great list! However, Doc was included by @lancre above (and rightfully so). [emoji846]

Congratulations, @mrdoug. I hope to hear what you think of the soap.

Great PIF, Granite. I appreciate having had the opportunity to participate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Per your request @Lightcs1776 ...

Received the shave soap this evening. Opened it up and took a sniff. The website description is spot on for me. It has a very sweet, boozy smell mixed with a mild and sweet tobacco. There's hints of spice in the background, ala the pink pepper. It is all very classy, with nothing excessively overdone.

Once lathered, I can pick out a lot more of the tobacco, with much of the pepper "bite" fading away. The scent tones down and opens up in all the best ways. Simply wow!

I cannot state it enough... This is an amazingly smooth, classy, we'll put together scent. It clearly paints a picture of a Jazz bar and nails it in spades.

Thank you again @Granite.Glasser .

Per your request @Lightcs1776 ...

Received the shave soap this evening. Opened it up and took a sniff. The website description is spot on for me. It has a very sweet, boozy smell mixed with a mild and sweet tobacco. There's hints of spice in the background, ala the pink pepper. It is all very classy, with nothing excessively overdone.

Once lathered, I can pick out a lot more of the tobacco, with much of the pepper "bite" fading away. The scent tones down and opens up in all the best ways. Simply wow!

I cannot state it enough... This is an amazingly smooth, classy, we'll put together scent. It clearly paints a picture of a Jazz bar and nails it in spades.

Thank you again @Granite.Glasser .
Great description. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hey, I'm about to purchase my next shaving brush: A Simpson's Tulip (1 or 2, not sure yet) in Super Badger. Who know's, maybe Mrs. G will order me an extra one of those too and I'll get to do this all over again! Perhaps a "Tulips of Spring" themed give away!
Ya know, it's probably the LEAST she could do, considering you saved her from that train!

Well, @Granite.Glasser it turns out John at @West Coast Shaving is not only generous but smart. Your PIF created an itch that needed scratching. And, since I’m a sucker for free shipping, there were a couple other itches that needed attending to. I can’t wait til tomorrow morning to try out my new gear - especially The Soloist.
C1B44160-6BE4-4024-AAE7-ACD5CFCAC4A9.jpeg

Top Bottom