What's new

PIF: Weck Sextoblade

I just mentioned to my wife that I’m about to do a ‘Weck Sextoblade PIF’. I got a quizzical look and a ‘huh?’ out of her. I guess it does sound a bit strange.

Anyway, I’ve decided that shavettes aren’t for me. I’ve tried a couple of Feathers and Wecks, and it just hasn’t worked out. But there are A LOT of people that enjoy the convenience and shaves they get from shavettes, so you shouldn’t be dissuaded if you’ve wanted to give one a try, or have (from one of the passaraounds) but haven’t got your hands on one yet.

The Weck Sextoblade I’m PIF’ing was bought NOS from eBay a while back, and includes two unopened packs of Weck blades. It's the full-sized Sextoblade with metal scales, and includes the (removable) guard. I’m also including a couple of leftover unused Personna blades that fit this razor; these can be picked up at any Sally’s Beauty Supply. I think I have the case it came in somewhere too, and I’ll include it if I can find it.

Rules of the PIF: I don’t have any, really. Just say you’re in, and when I feel we’ve reached a critical mass of participants, I’ll give a warning for any last entrants and then draw the winner shortly thereafter.

$20150717_210144.jpg.png

Last edited:
I'm not in. Only because I just picked one up at a junk shop yesterday. I used it this morning with those same blades from Sally's, and was very impressed. This will make a very nice PIF for someone, and such a nice one too.

I'm in. I've been DE shaving since January and am very interested in trying a shavette, since it would allow me to try straight razor shaving without the need to strop/hone. Thanks for the opportunity.

Top Bottom