What's new

PIF vs passaround ?

Hi everyone just received the package today here are the pictures.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I not good doing reviews. So if y'all don't mind me skipping that part. But I can tell you what I use for the shave.

First Shave: was with
The SE Ever-Ready (always wanted to try one)
Soap: Mickey The Drunken Goat
Blade: One that was supplied in the package.
After Shave: British Sterling ( nice I liked it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not really sure how I missed this pass around but this thing looks like a monster! The wiki seems to be in desperate need of some upkeep. [MENTION=67753]Teppanyaki[/MENTION] I know you started this thing and it has gone on now for a while. Kudos! Do you need some help with this thread? I don't want to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but I just wanted to offer my services if needed.

Don - thanks for the offer! I have no idea who is managing things now; my goal is to not manage things and instead simply watch how things are going (and, ideally, read about how people are enjoying everything). Frankly, my contributions are relatively minimal compared to what many other people here have done.

If you want to manage the list organization (and no one else wants to), by all means feel free. Enjoy!

Okay, since I offered and no one has objected (if anyone does, please pipe up) I will try to help moderate this thread to try to get it moving along and smoothly. Don't worry, I won't be cracking a whip or anything, but I will be asking questions from time to time. If someone seems to have had the box for awhile and hasn't posted anything or we fear the box may be lost, I will most likely PM you and see how things are going. I have been a part of enough pass-around boxes to know that sometimes life throws all of us curve balls. We all understand that if someone falls ill or becomes injured, or has family members that need taken care of that a box of soaps and razors are the last thing on your mind. I for one want you to take care of yourself and yours first...the rest comes second.

Over the next few days...I will try to clean things up if I can. The member list is in great need of some maintenance so that will probably be a priority. I have no idea what is in the box or who has put what in the box, and I may never even get to see the box. That being said, if you are able to, please go into the wiki and fix what you can of any adds or takes.

I will be posting the rules again for a refresher, but I want to reiterate...this thread is only as fun as we the participants make it. If you have the box, post a review or two or three. If you can take a picture of the box or the gear you are using, you shaving, or your dog chewing on your slipper...really, just about any pic is great...we love pictures.

Please limit your time with the box to only as long as you need...others have been waiting a long time too. I know there are no real hard rules on time limits, but if you are going to keep it longer than a week, just let us know in the thread...we don't care...we just want to make sure that the items that others have added are still alive.

But the most important part of this is to have fun...learn something new. If you are not doing these things then something is wrong. Here is a list below of the rules that were originally posted:

1. Each recipient gets to try whatever they like for a week. If the recipient wants to keep the box for longer, they should send a friendly reminder to the thread.

2. The recipient may keep any items in the box.

3. The recipient is responsible for adding the same number of items to the box that they took out. For example, if I keep a razor and a soap, I would be responsible for adding 2 or more items back to the box. Please be courtesy to other members, if there is only one shaving soap, don't pass on the box with no shaving soap. Just not nice...

4. Recipient is responsible in contacting the next person in line. If the next person in line does not respond in 48 hours, please move on to the next person. This should go on until someone responds. Personally, I would recommend contacting the person once you receive the box so you don't have to wait to mail the box out when you are done with it. When contacting the person, please ensure that the next person has been active on B&B in the past month. This ensures we are sending the box to someone who is active on B&B and not someone just trying to take advantage.

5. Recipient is responsible for shipping charges to the next recipient. Please use USPS with signature required. This will ensure that the next person gets the box. As a side note, I did not use signature required and the prior box "disappeared."

6. Please try to update the ongoing participant list and items in the box.

7. Within the thread, please let us know what you liked and didn't like. Pictures are a plus! You certainly don't have to do this, but "I really liked razor X so I kept that one" is nice to read.

8. Have fun and enjoy your DE shaving journey.

Currently, these are the member's on the list. For the time being, until I get the wiki page cleaned up, I think we will maintain the list here in the thread. And yes...I went ahead and put myself on the list. A dude has to have his turn with some sweet shaving gear right? Plus I think I might have some stuff to contribute!

J90900909...how is the box? Have you been able to go through this yet? Just let us know how things are going.

1) @J90900909 - Currently has the Box
2) @horvy
3) @Kevinmyhre
4) [MENTION=104240]brandaves[/MENTION]
5) @DannyShow
6) @surlyduck
7) @Ccnati
8) @Lunchmeat
9) @Gonzolo
10) @Luecke2326
11) @TriggerMan
12) @LRose
13) @dangerousdon

So I took a look at the remaining people on the list and there are several who don't have any activity on B&B for six months to a year. Some of these don't have very high post counts either. Usually as a rule to participate in a pass-around you have to have 45 post and been on the site for 45 days. This is to minimize the risk of losing an important box like the one we have here. I will try to reach out to those who haven't been active in a while and if I don't hear from them in a week or two I might consider taking them off the list. But I don't want to do this without feedback from the rest of the group. What say ye ole' wise ones of the pass-around?

OK sorry for the long wait for an update been distracted with some things.

I'm still trying to learn how to post pictures on here on my phone so I won't have them up right now maybe in a edit.

When I got the box and opened it I got a strong smell of all the soaps. Which is a good thing however some soaps have lost their smell and just smell "fresh" at least to my nose. There is a lot of soaps, a couple bottles of beard oil, and some aftershave.

Not really great at reviews as you can tell but I have used 2 of soaps in here both were really good and easy to lather. The first being col. Conk bay rum
And the second being goats milk peppermint because the name caught my attention.

[MENTION=102072]J90900909[/MENTION] Thanks for the update. I'm glad you got to try a couple of soaps so far. Don't worry about being great at reviews...we all started at sometime. If you are having problems with pics i can probably help with that. You can PM if you want and I can probably walk you through things. What was the name of the Peppermint Goats Milk soap you tried? Try out whatever it is that you want.

Following; thanks for taking over the list!

Not a problem. I just don't want such a great pass-around to fall by the wayside. I have been busy with work so I haven't been able to update the Wiki yet...but it is on my list. For now, I think we will keep the list in the thread until I can get things squared away.

Just to repost the list again to show who jhas what and where we are with things.

1) J90900909 - Currently has the Box
2) horvy
3) Kevinmyhre
4) brandaves
5) DannyShow
6) surlyduck
7) Ccnati
8) Lunchmeat
9) Gonzolo
10) Luecke2326
11) TriggerMan
12) LRose
13) dangerousdon

[MENTION=102072]J90900909[/MENTION] if you haven't yet, you might want to reach out to [MENTION=102177]horvy[/MENTION] to get his address to send the box on. No rush...just a thought. Plus we would love to here what you have tried and what you like or don't like.

Just to repost the list again to show who jhas what and where we are with things.

1) J90900909 - Currently has the Box
2) horvy
3) Kevinmyhre
4) brandaves
5) DannyShow
6) surlyduck
7) Ccnati
8) Lunchmeat
9) Gonzolo
10) Luecke2326
11) TriggerMan
12) LRose
13) dangerousdon

@J90900909 if you haven't yet, you might want to reach out to @horvy to get his address to send the box on. No rush...just a thought. Plus we would love to here what you have tried and what you like or don't like.

NICE! I am glad to see it didn't die. I felt horrible when I had to "restart the box" since I sent it to a person who disappeared with it. I felt so bad that I created a wiki to keep things organized. Here is the link if you think it will help: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Project:PIF_vs_passaround_Wiki_Page

NICE! I am glad to see it didn't die. I felt horrible when I had to "restart the box" since I sent it to a person who disappeared with it. I felt so bad that I created a wiki to keep things organized. Here is the link if you think it will help: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Project:PIF_vs_passaround_Wiki_Page
Thanks! I have been meaning to get to the wiki and get it organized, but haven't had a chance yet. Don't feel bad about sending it off. Things happen. Feel free to check in on the thread and drop some comments or even help out if you want.

Sent from the Danger Phone

Top Bottom