What's new

PIF vs passaround ?

I'm still not really sure about the expectations for this passaround. I don't want to give away too much, so I'll keep my descriptions to text lists. If others have questions, I'll happily answer.

Based on the pics above, it seems that there's no real mystery to this passaround - is that right? Should I just list what I'm taking and what I'm putting in?

Here's what I'm taking:

• SE blades
  • Tuck of Nacet DE blades
  • Vie-Long brush
  • Simpson's Peppermint & Rosemary Cream
  • Haslinger Coconut
  • Stirling San Antonio
  • Stirling Lemony Orange

And here's what I'm adding:

• TTO Razor
  • Brush
  • Shave oil
  • Aftershave
  • Face tonic
  • Aftershave balm
  • Forty-Seven (47) blades
  • Shaving cream
  • Six (6) shaving soaps

As requested, I left behind samples of the soaps that I took. The Simpson's cream...well, it was messy in the tin and I didn't think it would travel well in a baggy.

Thanks for the opportunity to participate! I enjoyed pawing through all the stuff, sniffing things and checking them out. I'm sure that @sucker_dad will be pleased - the box is stuffed! I'll get it mailed off by Friday.

I believe the purpose of the passaround is so that you get to try items that you've never tried before. You get to keep the box for a week, Shaving with and reviewing different items, and at the end of the week you take what you liked and add items of equal or greater value to the box and then send it in its way.
Secondly, no, there is no mystery. Feel free to take pics and list what's there if you like.

The box has shipped, certainly plumper than when I got it. I tried a number of the items in the box and snagged the ones that interested me. A review of the Haslinger Coconut will be forthcoming. What I can say in the short term, though, is that it feels to be on par with Tabac, though with a much lighter scent.

@sucker_dad, the USPS tracking number is 9468103699300001783056. The tracking info should be live by tomorrow.

Fair warning: Adding the "Adult Signature" option (as required by the Rules of Participation) adds $5.70 to the shipping price, making this flat-rate box a cool $19 to ship. Ouch.

Floyd923 sent me a message and ge has sent me some additions for the box. I also have something stuff to put in there as well. I am so glad we could keep the box rolling. Who is the current keeper of the list?

Floyd923 sent me a message and ge has sent me some additions for the box. I also have something stuff to put in there as well. I am so glad we could keep the box rolling. Who is the current keeper of the list?

I started a wiki page. I don't think there is a true keeper but feel free to update it accordingly. Hope you enjoy it.

Ok, I received the box and Floyd923 ' box today. I am going to try to condense into smaller containers were I can, but we might end up with 2 boxes. This thing is packed Floyd923 sent 6 more razors and I have a few items as well. I can put the Lilac vegetal into a smaller container. There are a couple of soaps that could go smaller we shall see. There are 2 pucks of Williams I may make one go away just to save the room. If I do that I will set it aside for a PIF I plan on doing. If we end up with two boxes I would send the first after a week and then follow with the second after a week. Otherwise there is just too much to get through in a weeks time. Throw some ideas out there folks.

proxy.php

This is after I went through just to see what is in there.

proxy.php

This is after I went through just to see what is in there.

I am glad it is in good hands. I think if you need more than a week, I think that's okay. It's almost like a nice surprise when it's your turn.

Enjoy the stuff. People here are awesome for making the box happen again.

I am aware. This is actually my 2nd go with the box. They are indeed good. I have seen it replaced twice now. It is better this time than last. By that I mean very little that I have already tried. I see a slant in there I will give a go with. Although I have almost exclusively switched to SE at this point. There is one of those as well but I have an identical one. I will lay it all out tomorrow and take a picture of it all.

Ok, my first shave in with the slant. I must say that is one of the better DE razors I have used. I really liked it. I used the Razorock Nonno Michelino. I had a crystal platinum plus in the razor. Loved the razor, the soap was as good as I expected but was a bit lacking in the scent department. I followed with a splash of the Veg. I am going to stick with the slant for all shaves. I have lathered a couple other soaps but not shaved with them. I will review those scents later. I also am going to go through several of my varieties of blades in the slant to see how different ones affect the shave. I think I will throw a Treet carbon steel in it tomorrow morning.

Folks I am sorry, I have not gotten the box out yet. We had a bit of a catastrophe with our plumbing and I have had to do a ton of clean and repair myself. I will get with it and get it moving along.

Top Bottom