What's new

PIF - Vintage Str8, Proraso Soap and Vintage Badger Brush

Congrats to @emwolf - the PIF (chosen at random) goes to you. Please PM your address and I'll ship it out quick. Thank you all for your participation and kind words!

Package arrived today, thanks! I'm a little intimidated by the razor, so I'll do a little more YouTube training before I try it out. Any recommendations?

If you never used a straight razor before, I would recommend building up a good lather but toward the wetter side and start with just by shaving just your cheeks until you get used to it.

If you never used a straight razor before, I would recommend building up a good lather but toward the wetter side and start with just by shaving just your cheeks until you get used to it.

+1 Wetter lather is better lubrication.

I suggest starting with just WTG passes. Stretch the skin well. Start with the razor perfectly flat and get used to that before you start lifting the spine off your face. The blade moves straight into the whiskers, no slicing motion.

After months of SR shaves, I still prefer to finish any difficult details with a safety razor. Take your time, no need to push the learning curve. You have other razors to finish the job after an SR practice run.

A little alum on your fingers aids your grip.

Top Bottom