What's new

+++ PIF +++ Ugly Razor PIF*closed*

I have a My Life Designs Minotaur razor head, the handle was re-tasked some time back, but any standard handle should work. Once the blade is aligned, there's a good amount of slop, it shaves surprisingly well. Surprisingly, as it's looks might indicate otherwise. They have a less than stellar Chrome plating, over far from the smoothest casting. - Just a bit of an ugly duckling. - I'll look for a handle, but no promises.

So who's in?

IMG_20180312_093043.jpg IMG_20180312_093117.jpg IMG_20180312_093100.jpg

Hmm...that's an interesting razor head. I've haven't seen a razor with their logo imprinted on the top cap like that before. Not in as I don't need more gear right now.

Well, time to call it. There were 5 entries, so I asked Alexa for a random number between 1 and 5.....she picked 3, which is emwolf.

Please PM your name and shipping address, so I can send you the Minotaur.

Thanks

The Minotaur has landed! Thank you so much. I've got a perigren brand handle and the two shall meet for a Friday morning shave.

First shave with the Minotaur using a Gillette Platinum Plus blade, Proraso Green soap, Maggard's synthetic tortoise shell brush and Clubman aftershave. Alignment is difficult, it took a few tries before finally getting what looks like a straight fit. This is deceptively aggressive and provided a great shave. Two passes on the face and three on the head, a little weeper on the occipital (my trouble spot), DFS. I love the artwork on the cap.

I wasn't kidding about the slop, but once aligned, she shaves close and rather comfortably.

Sound like you had an enjoyable shave.

BTW, Proraso green is one of my favorites, which shocked me. Never bought or tried it, until my wife gave me a tube of CO Bigelow (same stuff), and really liked it.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom