What's new

PIF: Türk Bittim Soap

In a few threads I have had good things to say about Turkish Bittim soap. It is similar to other middle eastern varieties, and is a craft soap made from simple ingredients including lye, olive oil, and wild pistacia oil. You can think of it as being like a body wash. The same bar can be used on the face, body, and hair. Various product benefits are claimed by some sellers, but I will say as much as it makes a difference on the hair, and gets you out of the shower just as squeaky-clean as factory-made deodorant soap.
I have another half-dozen bars coming from my supplier, to arrive later this month. I am offering out two bars to two respondents to be selected randomly. Let me know if you are in.

Last edited:
I'd love to try it. I've converted to only using bar soaps and love those that work for the hair as well.

I'm definitely in, thanks for the chance.

In like Flynn! What suppliers do you use? And does this really help with hair loss?
I am rationally skeptical about anything that claims to help with hair loss, but I had a real-live woman ask me how she could get hair as soft as mine - thin, wiry, old and gray as it is. I have seen the claims are that it vitalizes pores to slow or arrest hair loss, and again I am skeptical of that, but it seems to do a good job on whatever hair is left.
My supplier is Gart's Store on eBay, or eBay seller name Gartbnx. It was he who suggested bittim to me after I had ordered some Bulgarian lavender and rose soaps from him.
As it happens, most suppliers charge $4.00 to $9.00 for a 150g bittim bar even though I found Turkish web pages listing 16 to 20 YTL ($6.20 to $8.00) for a kilo - enough for six bars or $1.40 max. Gart does not list bittim but he will buy and ship if requested. He makes a more reasonable price point for the seller's cost, and you can save some of the money for international shipping - which itself is not cheap.

Last edited:

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Wow, thanks for the detailed reply. I may get into this in the future!

I am rationally skeptical about anything that claims to help with hair loss, but I had a real-live woman ask me how she could get hair as soft as mine - thin, wiry, old and gray as it is. I have seen the claims are that it vitalizes pores to slow or arrest hair loss, and again I am skeptical of that, but it seems to do a good job on whatever hair is left.
My supplier is Gart's Store on eBay, or eBay seller name Gartbnx. It was he who suggested bittim to me after I had ordered some Bulgarian lavender and rose soaps from him.
As it happens, most suppliers charge $4.00 to $9.00 for a 150g bittim bar even though I found Turkish web pages listing 16 to 20 YTL ($6.20 to $8.00) for a kilo - enough for six bars or $1.40 max. Gart does not list bittim but he will buy and ship if requested. He makes a more reasonable price point for the seller's cost, and you can save some of the money for international shipping - which itself is not cheap.

Gentlemen:
I thank all of you for your interest and participation. The next shipment is expected to arrive sometime after April 21st. Drawing shall follow.

Winners have been drawn. Winners and non-winners alike have been notified and PIF is closed, but my apologies if I missed anyone. If either winner does not respond, will re-open and draw another.
Thanks to all for your participation.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I was the winner of a PIF from a different thread. And I am using that soap now. I really like this soap.

Brad and I both were winners of a bar of this soap.

Top Bottom