What's new

**PIF** The I NEVER Win Anything, Let Alone A PIF **PIF** Winners CHOICE Edition !!!!

I'm in! Very Generous of you. Only on here for less than a week after finding a Filarmonica Doble Temple 14 which caused me to dig out my Father's old blades from WW2, (4 in total) now am hooked on this forum and the interesting posts from the members. Thanks again for your generous offer. (oh, and I'll let you choose should I win anything as I know absolutely nothing about this stuff yet!)
Knoxville, TN
Interest had waned so we ended it at noon today if you look back and read the posts. Funny I moved here to KY to help aging in-laws from Knoxville 6 years ago. Keep your eye out for other PIF's as they show up regularly.

Have you entered every pif you see and have never won one?

While I can't guarantee you will win this time I can improve the chance and guarantee 1 of you entrant non winners will no longer be a non winner. Here's your improved chances of winning.......

ONLY those that have NEVER won a pif on this site can be in. I gave all the researchers from the office off so we're going on the honor system here gentlemen. That being said if you're a veteran from here or know of someone that perhaps forgot they have won in the past feel free to "call them out".......... I mean remind them before selection of a winner takes place on Feb 1st or as soon thereafter that I remember. You guys will remind me to select one, won'tcha ??

The winner will choose which soap and the matching aftershave he wants from the pictures.

He also chooses the razor he wants from what is pictured. (ALL 50 blades will be shipped so no need to pick anything there)

Please also choose which post shave product you prefer from the picture.

If you need a brush............buy one :001_302:

I will let this PIF run thru the end of the month of January and hopefully we'll have enough unfortunate people to select from a winner.

IF you qualify please do more then just say "I'm in". State your in but make it interesting and tell us a little about yourself and your journey to get to the point you have in shaving this way verses cartridges.

Only posted here in General Shave Area so please spread the word to others you think would benefit !!!!!!

Now onto the pictures to select from
SOAPS and AFTERSHAVES (The Royal Copenhagen goes with the Catie's Bubbles or Razorock XXX if either of those soaps is selected since I don't have a matching aftershave for each of them)
View attachment 851958
View attachment 851959
View attachment 851960
View attachment 851961
View attachment 851962
RAZORS
View attachment 851967
View attachment 851968
View attachment 851969
POST SHAVE PRODUCT
View attachment 851970
I'm in!

Sent from my SM-S978L using Tapatalk

Have you entered every pif you see and have never won one?

While I can't guarantee you will win this time I can improve the chance and guarantee 1 of you entrant non winners will no longer be a non winner. Here's your improved chances of winning.......

ONLY those that have NEVER won a pif on this site can be in. I gave all the researchers from the office off so we're going on the honor system here gentlemen. That being said if you're a veteran from here or know of someone that perhaps forgot they have won in the past feel free to "call them out".......... I mean remind them before selection of a winner takes place on Feb 1st or as soon thereafter that I remember. You guys will remind me to select one, won'tcha ??

The winner will choose which soap and the matching aftershave he wants from the pictures.

He also chooses the razor he wants from what is pictured. (ALL 50 blades will be shipped so no need to pick anything there)

Please also choose which post shave product you prefer from the picture.

If you need a brush............buy one :001_302:

I will let this PIF run thru the end of the month of January and hopefully we'll have enough unfortunate people to select from a winner.

IF you qualify please do more then just say "I'm in". State your in but make it interesting and tell us a little about yourself and your journey to get to the point you have in shaving this way verses cartridges.

Only posted here in General Shave Area so please spread the word to others you think would benefit !!!!!!

Now onto the pictures to select from
SOAPS and AFTERSHAVES (The Royal Copenhagen goes with the Catie's Bubbles or Razorock XXX if either of those soaps is selected since I don't have a matching aftershave for each of them)
View attachment 851958
View attachment 851959
View attachment 851960
View attachment 851961
View attachment 851962
RAZORS
View attachment 851967
View attachment 851968
View attachment 851969
POST SHAVE PRODUCT
View attachment 851970
I'm new to DE Wet Shaving and trying to build my collection. I have a couple of razors, 2 boar brushes and a synthetic coming and blade sampler coming, and 3 samples of soap on the way. Everyone has been welcoming here. I was referred to Badger & Blade by a youtube reviewer and sooooooooooooooo glad he did. This would be an awesome way o add to my meager start. I'm in lol Oops, I guess I missed that it was closed. I thought it was open until the end of the month...my bad.

I'm new to DE Wet Shaving and trying to build my collection. I have a couple of razors, 2 boar brushes and a synthetic coming and blade sampler coming, and 3 samples of soap on the way. Everyone has been welcoming here. I was referred to Badger & Blade by a youtube reviewer and sooooooooooooooo glad he did. This would be an awesome way o add to my meager start. I'm in lol Oops, I guess I missed that it was closed. I thought it was open until the end of the month...my bad.
Interest/Entries died off so we ended early to not drag it out. If you read back you'll see where we made the adjustment. Unfortunately after a certain time I couldn't edit the original post. Sorry you missed out but keep your eyes peeled as PIF's pop up all the time.

Just a follow up on my selection and a little review of the items that I picked.

1. Gillette New LC razor - I really like this razor and it gives me a BBS shave with 3 passes, no issues with irritation or weepers. Love shaving with this vintage razor!
2. Stirling Mountain Man soap and aftershave splash - What is there to say about Stirling that hasn't been already said? Great performance and excellent value! Now on to the scent, sadly I am not very good at describing scents but I can't imagine this is what a mountain man would smell like o_O. Don't get me wrong I like it, but not as much as say Executive Man or Baker St. but it surely has a place in my rotation and will purchase again.
3. Arko post shave cream - Very mild scent that does not interfere with any other scents that you may be wearing but it does not seem to absorb into the skin without really working it in, and a small amount goes a long way which is a good thing.

The PIF also came with several tucks of blades and my first blade I choose is one that I started wet shaving with last year when I purchased my Edwin Jagger DE89 Kelvin. A blade that I decided I would never purchase again... The Derby Extra. Strangely enough, I can no longer say that. I have to chalk up my dislike for these as just bad beginners technique. I am very glad I had the opportunity to come back to this blade and give it another whirl.

Again I would like to thank Dave for his generosity in this PIF.

Just a follow up on my selection and a little review of the items that I picked.

1. Gillette New LC razor - I really like this razor and it gives me a BBS shave with 3 passes, no issues with irritation or weepers. Love shaving with this vintage razor!
2. Stirling Mountain Man soap and aftershave splash - What is there to say about Stirling that hasn't been already said? Great performance and excellent value! Now on to the scent, sadly I am not very good at describing scents but I can't imagine this is what a mountain man would smell like o_O. Don't get me wrong I like it, but not as much as say Executive Man or Baker St. but it surely has a place in my rotation and will purchase again.
3. Arko post shave cream - Very mild scent that does not interfere with any other scents that you may be wearing but it does not seem to absorb into the skin without really working it in, and a small amount goes a long way which is a good thing.

The PIF also came with several tucks of blades and my first blade I choose is one that I started wet shaving with last year when I purchased my Edwin Jagger DE89 Kelvin. A blade that I decided I would never purchase again... The Derby Extra. Strangely enough, I can no longer say that. I have to chalk up my dislike for these as just bad beginners technique. I am very glad I had the opportunity to come back to this blade and give it another whirl.

Again I would like to thank Dave for his generosity in this PIF.
My pleasure and thanks for the review on things. Happy Shaves

Top Bottom