What's new

**PIF** The Gentlemen's Quarter Shaving Soap Samples

Great PIF. Im always looking for new soaps to try, so I'M IN.

My most frequently used razor and brush would be my Karve CB with plate B and my Red Omega S-brush (I shave and test lather with it, so it gets a lot of use).

Thank you for this great opportunity. [emoji846]

I’m in! I’m using “Anvil” from Handlebar Shaving Co. as my razor and a Whipped Dog 24 Silvertip brush. I’ve been away for a while but just coming back to the B&B community.

Wow, lot of interest and a few people that have never heard of the stuff!

I've got some more samples I was going to use, but I'll have to do some "second place" sample prizes for you guys. :)
It won't be a full line up, but it will give some more of you a chance to try Colleen's soap for yourself.

@CincyDawg , those are nice scents. Got Lavender since I thought the wife would like it, but Ironwood is probably my favorite. I don't care for Sandalwood so the name made me skeptical.

Talk about a blast from the past. I'm glad Colleen is back in the game. I'm not in since I have tried most of those, but very cool of you to do this. FWIW, I have hard water, and never had a problem lathering her soaps.

Her Highlander scent was my very favorite soap for a long time.

[USER=1860 said:
@CincyDawg[/USER] , those are nice scents. Got Lavender since I thought the wife would like it, but Ironwood is probably my favorite. I don't care for Sandalwood so the name made me skeptical.

My all time favorite is Leatherneck (long since been discontinued). The 75th anniversary of D day would be the perfect day for it

I'm in.

My main razor is a Rockwall 6S, but I rotate equally between a Semogue SOC, a Maseto 24mm extra density 2-band Finest and a RR Monster.

I'm in .. Old type open comb and ever ready b 89 brush. This seems like a nice pif and would love to try some soaps I have never tried before.

Last edited:
Couple days left. If you want to enter, go ahead!
Got some small bags for the soap wedges. I need to get everything sorted out and labeled.

PIF is closed to new entries.

Winners have been selected! Please PM your shipping address. If you won the second place prize let me know if there is a specific scent you want to try and I'll try to get it in there.

Winners of the full line of soaps:
- @jldallas
- @UTVol
- @bray144k
- @emwolf

Winners of 3 samples:
- @mrdoug
- @Timeclo
- @EB Newfarm
- @fast shaver

Honorable mention to @CincyDawg , who the random number generator seemed to really like.

Please give me time to prepare the samples to mail. I haven't tried a lot of soaps so I would really like to hear what you think about it and maybe how it compares to some other soaps you've tried. This soap is firm so you may want to grate it or heat it up to make it stick in your lather bowl better.

Hope you guys enjoy it. PLEASE be patient as it may take some time to get everything in the mail. I've got a lot on my plate this.....year.:o11:
Since I decided to split up the soap between 8 people instead of one or two I will be pinching pennies on shipping!:turned:

Top Bottom