What's new

PIF: The Eight Soaps of Hanukkah - 2019

I had so much fun with this PIF last year that I'm doing it again. (Plus I've got way too much soap and cream!)

Tonight marks the first night of Hanukkah. As you may know, Hanukkah celebrates the miracle of a single day's worth of oil lasting eight days. (The Maccabees - a band of faithful Jews - drove the invading Greeks from their lands and went to rededicate the Temple in Jerusalem which had been overtaken by the Greeks. As they went to light the Temple's menorah, they found that only one day's container of olive oil had escaped contamination by the Greeks. The Maccabees lit the menorah anyway and miraculously the oil lasted eight days until more consecrated oil could be prepared.)

As a result, Jews celebrate Hanukkah with fried foods and other yummy, greasy treats. I figured that this was the perfect excuse to give away some saponified oils.

So here's the deal. I've got eight soaps to give away. Each day, I'll announce the soap that is going to be given away and then, if you're interested, you say that you're in for that soap. Each evening, starting tonight, I'll randomly choose a name from the day's entries and then send the soap off to the winner. Pretty simple, right?

A few rules and clarifications:

1) The PIF is open worldwide. (I may regret this from a shipping cost standpoint, but we'll see.) I'll cover shipping costs using the cheapest way available. If you win and there are duties that must be paid for a gift, you must pay those.
2) If you win a soap, please refrain from entering on subsequent nights.
3) If you'd like to try the soap, feel free to enter. (If you aren't interested please wait until a soap comes along that you'd like to try.) If you win a soap but end up not liking it, please pass it forward or throw it out. No resales please.
4) Most of these soaps are either new or are otherwise unlathered. Caveat: A couple have been used by me. I will let you know so you can decide to enter or not.

Good luck!

To start things off, I'm offering a new tube of Biotique Bio Palmyra shave gel. This Indian gel is a replacement for the lost and lamented Bio Palmyra Shave Cream. I've never used the cream, so I can't compare, but the gel provides a great lather.

If you're interested, just say you're in!

Respectfully not in on this one as I know I wouldn’t use this soap. But cool PiF and Happy Hanukkah!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great and generous PIF, or eight PIFs, or set of PIFs. Although not in for the first round, I will be keeping a close eye on each one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

...As a result, Jews celebrate Hanukkah with fried foods and other yummy, greasy treats. I figured that this was the perfect excuse to give away some saponified oils...
Respectfully not in (yet), but this is really creative and makes me smile.

Hanukkah Sameach!
Hanukkah.jpg

Not in this night but watching.

Top Bottom