What's new

PIF - Tattooed Gillette. (Sorry hard core collectors, I couldn't help myself.)

You are in. Make something up and it better be good. :001_cool:

So here's the story.

I met her during a skiing holiday, just by "chance". She didn't know at the time, but her husband had just been murdered. She found this out when she went back to her apartment in Paris, everything was missing, and the chief of police told her that he was murdered and all that was left was an airline bag with some seemingly useless everyday goods in it. After her late husband's funeral, she was notified by a man in the US Embassy that her husband had taken $250,000 of money from the US Government, and that three men were looking for the money, and that she must return the money to the Embassy before they found it and/or killed her. Needless to say, she was shocked to hear this, as she had never seen the money. Back at her new hotel, she is ambushed by one of the three men, but fortunately I was there to help her. Unfortunately for me, that man then called her room and told her that I was working with them to find the money. I had to explain that in fact, I was only pretending to be with them, and that I was actually the brother of a fourth man that they murdered when they were stealing the money with her late husband. After some twists and turns, and each of the other three men eventually being murdered as well, we found the man in the Embassy was actually one of the men that stole the money to begin with, and he was only impersonating a member of the US Government. I was able to save her from him just in time by causing him to fall through a trap door to his death.
Once we figured out where the money was (invaluable stamps on a letter addressed to her in the airline bag!), she convinced me that we must return the money to the Embassy, so I accompanied her into the building, and let her bring it in to the office of the Government official for recovering stolen money. Unbeknownst to her, I had snuck into my office through a side door, at which time she found out that I had made up all of my previous identities, and was in fact the very government official she was looking for. That was when I proposed to her, and she said that we would have to have several boys in order to name them each after my false identities.

*My congratulations to whoever gets the reference first*

Being married for 20+ years I LOVE this thread, wonderful stories, thanks all so much for sharing your life journeys with your loved one (bumps and everything :thumbup1:).

My own story is just one of those “met in a lunch restaurant at work, wow she looks hot” kindda stories. Strange how you start by thinking “ok think I’ll give this one a shot” and in the blink of an eye 25 years have gone by, 3 wonderful kids almost out of school, more highs than lows, and suddenly you are middleaged...:scared:

This is a wonderful PIF and beautiful work, Sledge! - Respectfully not in, too many projects going in right now and I am fully loaded on Techs.

My story isn't that romantic, because I met my girl on Tinder. And she isn't really my girl it's more of a FWB kind of thing. And I don't think it will be more than that, because she's cute but she can also be a pain in the *** if you know what I mean... Can I still be in?

Not only is this a very cool PIF, but the stories are awesome. I'm not in for reasons stated above, but I'll tell my story.

I was 43 in late 2006 and had never been married. I never found the Mrs. Right. In 1982 I was engaged but that was called off for good in 1985 and I'd just been cruising along since. I had tried some internet dating on Match but I was getting nowhere and was just going to quit.

Then I decided to try eharmony. God knows I hated dating so the Internet thing in that respect was good. I was old enough to know what I wanted and just had to find it. So I signed up and made sure I was as brutally honest as I could be about who I am and what I wanted.

I was surprised by the number of matches I had and I tried to deal with any who would answer back. I met one gal who came down to my house. We clicked on the phone but in person it just wasn't there. So I kept going. After about 6 months I had email relationships with about 4 different women but none of them were gaining ground and I was about to bail on the deal.

In April of 2007 I got just one profile from eharmony. I was a widowed single mom with a 5 year old boy and a cute little daschund dog, so I figured why not. I was committed to following the protocols laid down by eharmony so we went through them all. By that I mean we first communicated through eharmony so our email addresses were blind to each other. Than when she was comfortable, we moved to regular email and then to the phone.

I have to say that eharmony nailed it. We met in person on June 30, 2007, were engaged November 24 2007 and married February 13 2008. In just a few days we'll be married 11 years and the time has flown by. My step son is now 17 and we have 4 dogs. I couldn't ask for a better woman. I can say she was worth the wait for sure.

That is a simply stunning razor! And I'm respectfully in.

Romance? I'm practically a Harlequin novel.....

Six years ago I was a ski patroller at one of the hills in the Alberta Rockies and by the nature of the role would meet a lot of people during the course of any given day. Those encounters ranged from the mundane to exciting or terrifying but usually lean to the former. And since the position carried a bit of implied authority its often the patrollers who get summoned when people start acting stupid or get drunk & rowdy and this is how I met Tootsie (the pet name for my sig other which she hates :D). She was there with a group from work and by the middle of the afternoon of hardcore apre skiing a few of her colleagues had a bit too much to drink. No, that's not accurate, they were *&@# faced and starting to annoy the other guests. The other patroller I was skiing with that day were called to the lounge to see if we couldn't encourage them to tune it down before we had to kick them off the property. Once we had our little talk most were apologetic and settled down but one lady, who happened to be Tootsie's boss, took our warning as a challenge and hopped up onto one of the round bar tables and started to do a pretend striptease. And she was not a small woman, actually quite large. Not obese exactly just substantial at around 6', 220lbs and with her white snow-pants looked like Bib the Michelin man from the waist down. My partner is annoyed and starts yelling at her to get down. I took a different approach knowing that talking wasn't going to work and instead I started to pull chairs out of the way so there's less for her to hit on what is going to be the inevitable application of gravity on her ample frame. Well, I wasn't quick enough since she wobbled backwards before I could get to those chairs and when she came down it was with her head getting cracked on another table and her shoulder and abdomen on an armrest. The whole lounge goes silent and she's down for the count like Spinks after getting tagged by Tyson. Fortunate I guess that the two ad hoc bouncers can revert to being medics and attend to this now unconscious bleeding mess. Should mention the whole time I can’t not notice this brunette in the group, cute as can be but looking mortified.

My partner and I both have our patrol packs with us so get right to work on what’s now our patient. The primary survey is quick enough; she has an intact airway, is breathing, has a strong pulse and since the laceration on her head isn’t gushing blood on goes the collar. Because we saw the fall we have a pretty good understanding of the MOI and can move on to the secondary survey of the patient, let’s just call her Peggy. Since Peggy is still unconscious as we’re going stem to stern we’re asking the group about her known medical history, medication, etc. About the time we make it to her pelvis Peggy starts coming to and is understandably confused given her alcohol impairment, that she’s in a cervical collar, her sweater and ski pants have been cut off and there are two guys being awfully handsy with her. She was still very drunk but much more subdued as we explained who we were, where she was and most of what had happened (left out her table dancing, no sense adding insult to literal injury). We finished the secondary, determined Peggy wasn’t in eminent risk of death so stood down the paramedics arriving lights & sirens and did what we could to comfort her, start on the paperwork and get witness statements. I took this as an excellent opportunity to introduce myself and talk to the cute brunette.

Turns out she had noticed me as well and seemed eager to initiate conversation of a non-Peggy nature. While pleased with her interest I still had something of a job to do so stayed professional and continued with the other members of the group. About an hour had passed since Peggy’s fall and we had her in one of the sofas off to the side of the room while waiting for the ambulance (she still had to be seen by a doctor and I felt she needed professional transport). Most of her coworkers had left but there was Tootsie seated a couple tables away watching. I was kneeling on the floor below Peggy cleaning up the last of the scene and packing my kit when she pipes up with, “I don’t feel….” and before she could get out the “well” and more importantly before I could get out of the way she puked on my head and down my back. As mentioned, Peggy was a big gal and seemed to have the stomach to match her frame since there had to have been a couple pints of bile & beer vomit on me.

In first aid scenarios I’ve been peed and pooped on a few times and while unpleasant its normally not that big a deal since you’re gloved and you can take evasive actions since unlike vomit pee and poop aren’t travelling at the speed of sound. But being blindsided with a river of sick is quite simply awful. And, very difficult to maintain an aura of cool around a cute girl. Peggy went catatonic with embarrassment; my partner is laughing his *** off but who comes to my assistance? Tootsie! She asked if she could have a pair of my disposable gloves, went and got a garbage bag and some wet towels from the bartender and started to help clean me up. Seriously…how levelheaded, cool & kind was that?!

The paramedics arrived about 45 minutes later, we did the handoff and since the hill had closed for skiing I was now off the clock. Asked Tootsie if she had any plans or if I could buy her a drink after I got changed out of what was left of my uniform (its verboten for patrollers to do anything other than be on the job if they’re in uniform…even a puked up one). She said no plans and that she’d happily wait for me. I ditched the putrid gear in the back of my truck, grabbed a change of clothes, took a quick sink bath in the staff washroom and went back to the lounge. The facilities on mountain don’t stay open much past the runs closing so we only had about 30 min before being kicked out. But we were enjoying the conversation so made plans to meet the following evening back in Calgary.

Neither of us were in a rush to get into a serious relationship so moved quite slow at the beginning. The first year was mostly a friendship and nothing romantic but that seems to have worked out well. Certainly the most grounded and balanced relationship I’ve ever had and believe she feels likewise. We complement each other well, have similar personalities & goals and are very much in love. :)

That is a simply stunning razor! And I'm respectfully in.

Romance? I'm practically a Harlequin novel.....

Six years ago I was a ski patroller at one of the hills in the Alberta Rockies and by the nature of the role would meet a lot of people during the course of any given day. Those encounters ranged from the mundane to exciting or terrifying but usually lean to the former. And since the position carried a bit of implied authority its often the patrollers who get summoned when people start acting stupid or get drunk & rowdy and this is how I met Tootsie (the pet name for my sig other which she hates :D). She was there with a group from work and by the middle of the afternoon of hardcore apre skiing a few of her colleagues had a bit too much to drink. No, that's not accurate, they were *&@# faced and starting to annoy the other guests. The other patroller I was skiing with that day were called to the lounge to see if we couldn't encourage them to tune it down before we had to kick them off the property. Once we had our little talk most were apologetic and settled down but one lady, who happened to be Tootsie's boss, took our warning as a challenge and hopped up onto one of the round bar tables and started to do a pretend striptease. And she was not a small woman, actually quite large. Not obese exactly just substantial at around 6', 220lbs and with her white snow-pants looked like Bib the Michelin man from the waist down. My partner is annoyed and starts yelling at her to get down. I took a different approach knowing that talking wasn't going to work and instead I started to pull chairs out of the way so there's less for her to hit on what is going to be the inevitable application of gravity on her ample frame. Well, I wasn't quick enough since she wobbled backwards before I could get to those chairs and when she came down it was with her head getting cracked on another table and her shoulder and abdomen on an armrest. The whole lounge goes silent and she's down for the count like Spinks after getting tagged by Tyson. Fortunate I guess that the two ad hoc bouncers can revert to being medics and attend to this now unconscious bleeding mess. Should mention the whole time I can’t not notice this brunette in the group, cute as can be but looking mortified.

My partner and I both have our patrol packs with us so get right to work on what’s now our patient. The primary survey is quick enough; she has an intact airway, is breathing, has a strong pulse and since the laceration on her head isn’t gushing blood on goes the collar. Because we saw the fall we have a pretty good understanding of the MOI and can move on to the secondary survey of the patient, let’s just call her Peggy. Since Peggy is still unconscious as we’re going stem to stern we’re asking the group about her known medical history, medication, etc. About the time we make it to her pelvis Peggy starts coming to and is understandably confused given her alcohol impairment, that she’s in a cervical collar, her sweater and ski pants have been cut off and there are two guys being awfully handsy with her. She was still very drunk but much more subdued as we explained who we were, where she was and most of what had happened (left out her table dancing, no sense adding insult to literal injury). We finished the secondary, determined Peggy wasn’t in eminent risk of death so stood down the paramedics arriving lights & sirens and did what we could to comfort her, start on the paperwork and get witness statements. I took this as an excellent opportunity to introduce myself and talk to the cute brunette.

Turns out she had noticed me as well and seemed eager to initiate conversation of a non-Peggy nature. While pleased with her interest I still had something of a job to do so stayed professional and continued with the other members of the group. About an hour had passed since Peggy’s fall and we had her in one of the sofas off to the side of the room while waiting for the ambulance (she still had to be seen by a doctor and I felt she needed professional transport). Most of her coworkers had left but there was Tootsie seated a couple tables away watching. I was kneeling on the floor below Peggy cleaning up the last of the scene and packing my kit when she pipes up with, “I don’t feel….” and before she could get out the “well” and more importantly before I could get out of the way she puked on my head and down my back. As mentioned, Peggy was a big gal and seemed to have the stomach to match her frame since there had to have been a couple pints of bile & beer vomit on me.

In first aid scenarios I’ve been peed and pooped on a few times and while unpleasant its normally not that big a deal since you’re gloved and you can take evasive actions since unlike vomit pee and poop aren’t travelling at the speed of sound. But being blindsided with a river of sick is quite simply awful. And, very difficult to maintain an aura of cool around a cute girl. Peggy went catatonic with embarrassment; my partner is laughing his *** off but who comes to my assistance? Tootsie! She asked if she could have a pair of my disposable gloves, went and got a garbage bag and some wet towels from the bartender and started to help clean me up. Seriously…how levelheaded, cool & kind was that?!

The paramedics arrived about 45 minutes later, we did the handoff and since the hill had closed for skiing I was now off the clock. Asked Tootsie if she had any plans or if I could buy her a drink after I got changed out of what was left of my uniform (its verboten for patrollers to do anything other than be on the job if they’re in uniform…even a puked up one). She said no plans and that she’d happily wait for me. I ditched the putrid gear in the back of my truck, grabbed a change of clothes, took a quick sink bath in the staff washroom and went back to the lounge. The facilities on mountain don’t stay open much past the runs closing so we only had about 30 min before being kicked out. But we were enjoying the conversation so made plans to meet the following evening back in Calgary.

Neither of us were in a rush to get into a serious relationship so moved quite slow at the beginning. The first year was mostly a friendship and nothing romantic but that seems to have worked out well. Certainly the most grounded and balanced relationship I’ve ever had and believe she feels likewise. We complement each other well, have similar personalities & goals and are very much in love. :)

That is a great story!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Awesome stories. It's late here, and that is a BEAUTIFUL piece of art, but I'm VERY respectfully not in. I don't want to ruin anyone else's chance at winning that piece. I'll try to remember to tell my story of my meeting the War Department, how she was engaged at the time, and how neither of us asked the other to get married.

But you gentlemen already knew I was strange.

If I don't get back to tell of my one of a kind love story with the most blessed woman on the planet, good luck to all of you entrants!

In, thank you.

Workplace romance, never gave each other a second thought at first but love finds a way.
Started not long after I converted to DE. Don't recall mentioning it much but women remember what we say . On my first birthday together she gave me a brush, Williams, and Aqua Velva. Pleasantly stunned.
Fast forward to two years ago (this week)..I move in and find a a bottle of AV with some used .
She said it was my smell and she said she put it on her wrist to as a way to keep me close when I wasn't there..(gulp)
My discovery of DE shaving and discovery of the love of my life are forever linked in my my mind.

Last edited:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I'm in.
I first met my wife on a blind date. A friend of hers was dating my brother (who is one year older than I) back when we were both in college in NYC. We dated for six months or so, but the magic didn't seem to be there and I stopped calling (and my brother had broken up with her friend). Fast forward a year and I'm wondering why I stopped seeing her. So after preparing myself with sufficient alcohol to dull the pain of a flat out rejection, I gave her a call. To my surprise she agreed to meet me. I got tickets to a show and we agreed to meet at O'Neals, a bar across from Lincoln Center at 7 pm. I got there early so I sat at the bar and had a drink. At 7:10 when she still wasn't there, I had another drink. At 7:25 I had one last drink, figured I didn't deserve any better and stumbled outside, since 3 drinks on an empty stomach even then was a bit much for me. Of course, I stumbled right into my wife who was waiting in the rain under an umbrella. Thus began the first argument of our life together. If I say, "I'll meet you at O'Neals", does that mean "inside" O'Neals or "outside" O'neals?
We didn't have much time to get to the show, but we quickly stopped at a deli so that I could get something into my belly; she politely declined my offer of a TastyKake Pie and container of milk, and we dashed off to see "Waiting for Godot" (apt choice, huh?). After the show we went to dinner as planned, but back in those pre-credit card and pre cash-machine days you had to have money with you. After the 3 drinks and the deli snack, I was just barely able to cover the bill, but in order to pay the tip I had to use a lucky silver dollar that I always carried around with me. The next day I got a call from my wife telling me that she wanted to meet me; she had something for me. It was a silver dollar in one of those plastic display cases. A few months later we were engaged, and in August of 1973 we were married. It's now 45+ years, 4 children and 6 grandchildren later and she's still just as sweet a person as she was then!
Love that story. Beautiful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Great story. Any gal that's into motorcycles is hot Hot HOT! Sounds like you have a kid one. But I have a question?? Does SE DE shave??? I'm into converting everyone. If she's not, maybe she should. My wife is starting to DE shave and she's wishing there was a forum for women so they can discuss their issues. Maybe B&B can come up with something.

Congratulations on your impending nuptials.

Newbomb,

To answer your DE question, I picked up a ladies Gillette in blue, her birth year. She is afraid to use it unless I show her how to. Let's just say I'm squeemish with the DE around the "naughty" bits. We'll get there though, once we are living under the same roof.

Dale

I'm in. I was born in the year of the dragon and so it was meant for me.

I met my more or less partner when I started a new job at a Technical College. I was a program director and she was a math teacher. I was always showing up early for work before everyone else started so I could work undisturbed on my reports and other paper work. One day she walked into my office and told me she decided to keep me company before her class started. Being the romantic person I am, I told her that I had a report to do and she was interrupting. After the report was done (a couple of days later), I went over to her class, apologized for my rudeness and we both went for a cup of coffee. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'm in. I was born in the year of the dragon and so it was meant for me.

I met my more or less partner when I started a new job at a Technical College. I was a program director and she was a math teacher. I was always showing up early for work before everyone else started so I could work undisturbed on my reports and other paper work. One day she walked into my office and told me she decided to keep me company before her class started. Being the romantic person I am, I told her that I had a report to do and she was interrupting. After the report was done (a couple of days later), I went over to her class, apologized for my rudeness and we both went for a cup of coffee. And that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'll reserve my judgement on this story until the other half chimes in!!! I'd love to hear HER side of it. That would be some good reading!!!

So here's the story.

I met her during a skiing holiday, just by "chance". She didn't know at the time, but her husband had just been murdered. She found this out when she went back to her apartment in Paris, everything was missing, and the chief of police told her that he was murdered and all that was left was an airline bag with some seemingly useless everyday goods in it. After her late husband's funeral, she was notified by a man in the US Embassy that her husband had taken $250,000 of money from the US Government, and that three men were looking for the money, and that she must return the money to the Embassy before they found it and/or killed her. Needless to say, she was shocked to hear this, as she had never seen the money. Back at her new hotel, she is ambushed by one of the three men, but fortunately I was there to help her. Unfortunately for me, that man then called her room and told her that I was working with them to find the money. I had to explain that in fact, I was only pretending to be with them, and that I was actually the brother of a fourth man that they murdered when they were stealing the money with her late husband. After some twists and turns, and each of the other three men eventually being murdered as well, we found the man in the Embassy was actually one of the men that stole the money to begin with, and he was only impersonating a member of the US Government. I was able to save her from him just in time by causing him to fall through a trap door to his death.
Once we figured out where the money was (invaluable stamps on a letter addressed to her in the airline bag!), she convinced me that we must return the money to the Embassy, so I accompanied her into the building, and let her bring it in to the office of the Government official for recovering stolen money. Unbeknownst to her, I had snuck into my office through a side door, at which time she found out that I had made up all of my previous identities, and was in fact the very government official she was looking for. That was when I proposed to her, and she said that we would have to have several boys in order to name them each after my false identities.

*My congratulations to whoever gets the reference first*

Charade is an all-time favorite of mine

The TV commercials are suddenly all about super soft pajamas, jewelry, giant stuffed bears, flowers, all for the special ladies in our lives. That means that Valentine's Day is rapidly approaching and time is almost up for the Dragon Tech PIF.

Great stories in here folks. Let's have a few more. Don't hold back. We don't have a laundromat story yet about meeting the "one" when she left her bra in the dryer and it got tumbled with your shorts. I know that happened, must have.

Fantastic job, and most definitely in!

I met my (future) wife back in '97 while we were both going to Penn State. I used to see her and her friends around my fraternity house when we would have a party. A couple of them had dated or were dating some of my brothers so we all knew of them.
The first party I saw her at was our big spring-time blow out we would have late April. The signature drink was Jungle Juice mixed in a big 32 gallon trash can that we reserved just for this use.
Now anyone who has had REAL Jungle Juice knows that the only way to make it is with grain, not vodka. Well, the brother that made the run to OH to procure the grain for the recipe kept messing with some of our friends' by telling them all day that if you had too much grain alcohol, you could go blind. Especially if you were snacking on the fruit that was soaking in the Jungle Juice all day. Of course by volume, there really all that much alcohol in it....but I digress.
Flash forward to much later in the evening, many of our guests have begun to head back home. I and some of my brothers are out back enjoying a smoke while sporadically cleaning up when we hear screams of horror coming from the main room on the first floor. We go running inside to see that of our friends who are still hanging around, one of the girls is going crazy screaming, "OH MY GOD!!! I'M BLIND!!! I'M BLIIIIIIINNNNNNDDDDD!!!!!!"
One of her girlfriends comes running over to her to help her saying, "it's okay! It's okay! Just open your eyes!"
The look of utter relief on her face when she did was both classic and a little adorable
And at that moment I knew....I was gonna marry that woman.
As time passed and the new fall semester started, she had overheard me talking about a restaurant where I am from and some other places that she knew of, too.
Turns out, she was from the same area as me.
Not only the same area, but she grew up less than two miles from me.
And not only that, but we went to the same Catholic elementary school.
And not only that, but she was a year behind me while we were there!
And we never met until we were both at college with 40,000 other students that was 150 miles from home.
As time went on I eventually wore her down.....er...I mean....won her over. I proposed before we were even together for a year.
And here we are. Twenty-one years together, going on 17 married, and two boys aged 7 and 3.
And she still puts up with my crap.

Last edited:

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Not in, but love the work, Rick.

Wife and I met in high school. I passed a note from her to her friend, who sat behind me. She had the prettiest eyes and the nicest smile I had ever seen. The rest is history. 21 years going strong. 3 kids, house, and a dog. Still getting better!

Happy Valentines Day to all you lovers out there!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Ok, I'm in.
Met my wife on my one and only blind date. We had talked on the phone a couple of time but I never knew what she looked like except from the description of a mutual friend. She sounded so sweet on the phone that I knew I had to at least meet her. Well we decided on a neutral place for dinner about in between the towns where we lived. We met in Princeton, NJ for dinner at Theresa's a little Italian place.
Walked up the street in khakis a button down shirt and bucks. She had on a dark blue short skirt and matching top and short blonde hair. Didn't know at the it was her as she looked too young but got the nerve to ask her her name - it was her! We had an awesome dinner and talked for hours it seemed and I'm not one for too much talk but we couldn't stop.
So about three years later I proposed to her on her birthday - down on one knee and all. And gave her the ring in a gift box in a small gift bag. She actually didn't know what it was, can you believe that! I had to tell her to take it out of the box. The look on her face and eyes were just awe - and of course she said yes.
We've been together now 22 years and married for 19 of those years. We have a 12 year old girl in middle school, two cats and a chocolate lab.
Its been wonderful with the typical ups and downs of marriage but life is just what you make it and we make it together.
Strange how you remember the little things - like what we both wore on the first date!

Top Bottom