What's new

PIF: Take a razor, add a razor

The box arrived on Sunday , but I was ripping out a plaster ceiling. I shaved with the Maggard slant once so far and I liked it! Most of the other razors in the box are not new to me , I'm 4 yrs in, almost strictly SEs for the past 2. There are a few others I'll try while they're here , the Russian DE being one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I can't add my name to the list as I only have two straight razors and that's it. I couldnt add a razor back.

As discussed on IM, I see no problem with your joining the list to try out various razors, even if you can't add anything at this time. B&B is a community. I expect the others who've taken part in this particular effort will feel the same.

As discussed on IM, I see no problem with your joining the list to try out various razors, even if you can't add anything at this time. B&B is a community. I expect the others who've taken part in this particular effort will feel the same.
I would agree. As someone who put in two, I would not feel offended if you even took one that absolutely struck a chord with you.

I'm fine with it as well, I have the box now and I'm likely to add one more than I take. You are precisely the kind of new wet shaver that this box pass around is perfect for.

I too am ok with you getting on list
the box is reaching “maximum density”.
Many of us are putting in more than taking out not
There are multiples of few razors.
I agree you would benefit most from this pass around more than us more seasoned shavers
The package was last shipped in a US mail medium priority box.
Do you live in the US?

If you are not comfortable with this PM me I might have something for you.

I am in the US. In Bakersfield CA to be precise. Thank you all for your kindness. I will be able to see what I like without having to go through the trial and error period.

Besides if you want add something to the box putting in a tuck of blades in lieu of a razor would work also. There are so many different varieties out there to try on blades. I am considering adding razors that take special types of blades on the next pass and with the razors including some modified blades to make the pass around even more interesting.

I was looking on amazon and I am going to get a variety pack of blades to try some of the popular blades. They are not bad price at all.

Here is an idea if the autostrop razor is still in the package. If you decide to sign up and also don't decide to take that razor add a tuck of Feather FHS-10 blades into the package. Those are blades designed specifically for that razor and any of the other types of Autostrops. You can get tucks of them on Amazon among other places.

I agree with what others have said. Who is the best recipient of this box than a fellow who hasn't sampled the razors within? Taking one would not be an issue in my book. The box grows and gets heavier with each stop, so it kind of needs someone to take something out without putting anything in. That makes it a vehicle for those of us who have been doing this a while to share our toys with those who are new. I'd even go for amending the rules so that newbies are invited to have a turn with the box and just take a razor. Would provide balance so that the box doesn't eventually get to the point that it's unreasonably expensive to mail.

I'd even go for amending the rules so that newbies are invited to have a turn with the box and just take a razor.

Sounds fine to me (as the member who got the ball rolling here).
The other thought that had occurred to me was mitosis...spinning off some of the razors into a second box.

I'm thinking of purchasing a Gillette speed something or rather. But I will do this if I dont have the money to purchase a razor by the time I receive the box and like something in there I will post and see if everyone is ok with me taking the razor. Do different blades work differently in different razors.

Here is an idea if the autostrop razor is still in the package. If you decide to sign up and also don't decide to take that razor add a tuck of Feather FHS-10 blades into the package. Those are blades designed specifically for that razor and any of the other types of Autostrops. You can get tucks of them on Amazon among other places.

I won a PIF Autostrop and have yet to grab blades for it but when I do I'll pick up an extra package for the box when my turn comes by (if it's still there). Maybe I'll take a razor and add some SE/DE blades

Top Bottom