What's new

PIF: Steel Wool Management Starter Kit

When I first started shaving with a DE razor, this community offered a bunch of ideas on how to get started. My very first razor was a Merkur 38C because I wanted a longer handle and my second was a Gillette Super Speed that was somewhat nostalgic for me as it reminded me of what my grandfather used. In all those cases and in the case of other razors that I bought, the shave I got was just not that close. Even as my technique improved, the closeness (and joy) of my shaves did not.

Anyway, over time and with the help of members of this forum, I have found razors that have the right balance of aggressiveness and efficiency that has made my shaves so much more pleasurable and close. As a way to say thank you to all of you and in an effort to hopefully help some other wet shaver that is struggling with coarse stubble and a close shave, I offer this "starter kit" thatI put together as a PIF with all brand new and never used gear.

The kit includes:
  • 1 Global Shave Club Tribute R41+ Razor
  • 1 Yaqi 24MM Synthetic Shaving Brush
  • 1 Stirling Barbershop Shave Soap Sample
  • 1 tuck of Astra Superior Stainless DE Blades
  • 1 tuck of Gillette Silver Blue DE Blades

20191127_134334.jpg

These represent some of my favorite gear in the shave den (I have my own pieces of each of these that are in my rotation) and where I have found real success in managing my facial steel wool.

The rules are simple. Just post "I'm in" below if you want to be considered for the PIF. While everyone is welcome to go in but I'm hopeful that this will go to someone who is struggling with coarse stubble and is still looking for an elusive DFS to BBS shave. I'll use random.com to pick a winner from those that are in sometime on Sunday, December 1st. The PIF will end once I have selected the winner on Sunday.

Good luck to all and thank you to B&B for being the shaving support group that all of you are!

Attachments

• 20191127_134119.jpg
    20191127_134119.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 13
Very generous pif. I'm in. You have really peaked my interest as I have yet to find a safety that doesn't leave me with bad razor burn.

Very nice holiday gesture! You also chose two of my favorite blades.

Respectfully not in.

Wishing you the best of holiday cheer.

Great starter kit PIF! Respectfully not in as I am not a starter, but great opportunity for someone to get in on!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I had to chuckle a little . . . As of my reply there are 14 responses, only two of which are entries (I'm not one of them). I'm always glad to see someone making it easier for a newbie to get started, and this PIF is a solid one to that end!

I find it amusing that so far the majority of replies are 'not in', but we just can't help ourselves from checking out the PIF contents. Don't fret, Carlos. You'll get plenty of entries, I assure you :thumbup1:

I had to chuckle a little . . . As of my reply there are 14 responses, only two of which are entries (I'm not one of them). I'm always glad to see someone making it easier for a newbie to get started, and this PIF is a solid one to that end!

I find it amusing that so far the majority of replies are 'not in', but we just can't help ourselves from checking out the PIF contents. Don't fret, Carlos. You'll get plenty of entries, I assure you :thumbup1:

I laughed a little too. I mentioned this to my dear wife who said “not everybody has as much stuff as you” it’s true lol.

I find it amusing that so far the majority of replies are 'not in', but we just can't help ourselves from checking out the PIF contents. Don't fret, Carlos. You'll get plenty of entries, I assure you [emoji106]1:
I love to try different soaps, but have just about every type of razor; straight, DE adjustable, injector, and DE open comb. The only type I am missing is a single edge, if the injector doesn't count. Therefore, I prefer these go to someone who could really use it, and a new shaver fits the bill perfectly (although I wouldn't have an issue otherwise). I primarily keep track of the PIF so I can congratulate the eventual winner.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom