What's new

PIF Starter Kit for Newbies!

Free stuff Yay! :w00t:

I've got more than enough shaving stuff that girls I date have correctly stated that my bathroom has more products than hers. I've accumulated stuff over the years and it was fun to try out different products to see what I liked. So I would PIF some of the surplus stuff to someone who needs it more than me. This is a great starter kit for someone who is new to traditional wet shaving and doesn't have much gear yet. I'd like this to go to someone who doesn't have a silvertip or a premium (Semogue or Omega) boar brush or a double edge razor, but I won't be checking to find out. (or will I, you don't know how far my security clearance gets me...muahahaha) :001_cool: Don't worry, it's on the honor system.

Here's some of it:
24 mm silvertip premium knot from The Golden Nib in a very nice black resin handle. Made in USA. The knot has shed like a dog but its over stuffed so there's plenty left as you can see in the pics. Its super soft and floppy for those who like to lather soft creams in a bowl.
$silvertip.jpg

I prefer to face lather soaps with a stiffer brush like:

Semogue 1305 boar brush. This is an amazing brush, well broken in with soft tips and strong backbone. Some paint has chipped off the handle, but it can be salvaged by someone who likes restoration projects. You can easily repaint it. This is great for face lathering soaps or creams. This is the perfect brush to try out Marco's method for Italian shaving soaps or Bengal Tiger's (my) method for lathering any shaving soap by rubbing the puck directly on your wet stubbly face. Even Mitchell's wool fat and modern Williams will lather up perfectly with my method and this brush.

Having a rugged face and tough stubble is good for more than just attracting girls, I actually get better results from the cheaper stiffer shaving brushes.

$PIF.jpg

A classic Schick Krona with butterfly doors. They stopped making this model long ago. Newer butterfly doors will never be as good quality as the classics and this one has been perfectly machined with no rust or flaws. It's a great light weight long handled razor but I usually reach for my heavier Edwin Jagger instead.

I'll toss in some soap and cream and blade samples as well, but not sure what yet so that will be a surprise. In the pic I've shown a sample of Al's shaving cream and Arko, which are excellent and produce rich luxurious lather. Everything is used, some have changed hands more than once. If you don't like either of the brushes or razor, PIF it! Don't even think of selling it for money. :hand:

Standard PIF guidelines apply: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/272993-What-is-a-PIF-A-Guide-for-Newbies.

Post here and say "I'm in!" if you want to be considered. I'll pick the winner randomly with a random number generator at a random time. Probably within a week or so. I'll post the winner here and send you a PM.

Good luck! :badger:

Wow! Really nice PIF! I would really be interested in the Krona, but I'm going to defer to some newbies who may not have as much gear. Good luck to all!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Ooh ooh, pick me, just kidding. Not in. Nice, very generous PIF. Good luck to all
:lol:

I'm In. I don't have either types of those brushes, and the razor will be used to help convert more newbies from cartridge razors. Thanks for the opportunity.

I'm in, good sir. I'd like to try a lather that's not from a can. Talking to my cousin at 4th of July picnic, he seemed genuinely interested in DE shaving... would share this PIF with him to get him started, as I don't need the razor.

peace

Not in! New guys, don't be afraid to enter! See what is out there to try, and if you don't like it, return the favor! Or (as will probably be the case) return a different PIF when your various Aqcuisition Disorders kick in!

I'm in! I have only been shaving for a matter of days (got the razor on Monday) and only have a Pure Badger brush. I would love the opportunity to try out some different (and likely better) brushes. While I do have a razor (Edwin Jagger De89) it would be neat to try a vintage butterfly, especially as I become more proficient. I would most definitely PIF anything I find I do not prefer. Thank you for the chance to win these items.

Very kind of you, sir! I would like to say I'm in, but just purchased very first gear myself (still waiting on first DE shave). I'm sure some of my fellow newbies who don't have any, will appreciate it! Much luck to everyone!

Top Bottom