What's new

PIF: Show me something beautiful: A new soap to try and share.

Show me something beautiful. Girls (not sure why I thought of that one first :001_rolle), animals, food, scenery, micro photography, Hubble images, old posters, artwork, glass work, jewelry, whatever strikes your fancy. Post an image/vid/gif of something that struck you as particularly notable. Wife will judge the PIF entries.

Award: Mike's Natural Soap: Bergamot, Orange, Ylang ylang. Listed as a new scent on his website. Trying it in a few days (Fav DE comparison test underway) and will review at the end of the PIF. Sending half to the winner.

When I opened the shipping box the air was filled with a hypnotizing scent. My wife loves it.

What the heck is ylang ylang?
IMG_20180611_123504.jpg

My photo skills suck but these are a couple pics I took during our trip to South Africa in 2016. Best trip of our lives, and the highlight of the safari time was definitely seeing the momma cheetah and her young cub.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Might seem odd. This a picture of the Bangor Maine Airport and "The Maine Troop Greeters & Museum".
Bangor has been my "State side" last stop/first stop going to Iraq and Afghanistan.

These folks make sure to "man" the terminal each and every flight to welcome troops home.
You don't make it down the terminal without shaking each hand, getting some hugs, and hearing "Welcome Home and Thank you" from each and every person! The have phones to call home, fresh home made goodies, drinks, and warm conversation.

These folks are Beautiful Home Grown American Heroes!

Thanks. Acts of kindness and service to others is also beautiful. That type of submission is definitely welcome. My wife already put you on the short list. Since there are only 3 entries so far it is very short. I like math art and cats too though....

This is my wife and I on our wedding day, I can't imagine anything more beautiful than her! (She's on the right, the redhead!)

Attachments

• weddin.jpg
    weddin.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 82
I’m in always wanted to try Mikes.

Just a picture of an old saw mill I took years ago in West Virginia.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea @HDSledge and another great PIF!

Not in.

I don’t have any original things on hand unfortunately. I’ll say this though, beauty is highly subjective to each person. So, look at your wife. If she isn’t the most beautiful thing in the world, you’ve got a lot of heart changing and soul searching to do. I know mine is! I’d do anything for that lady and she knows it!

I suppose I should provide a little explanation of why I find the Lorenz Attractor to be beautiful.

I think that this little video does a nice job of explaining what a Lorenz Attractor is, and why it is significant. I'm looking forward to beginning my graduate studies in applied mathematics, this Fall, and I'm planning to take two ordinary differential equations classes that are both going to involve dynamical systems and a bit of chaos theory, so that's why this is on my mind lately. I think there is a lot of beauty in the intrinsic concepts, but the Lorenz Attractor also has an aesthetic appeal, and opens the door to certain philosophical questions that lure non-mathematicians into a world that normally bores the pants off of them. :)

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Not in .... but thought I would drop this in for your viewing pleasure..
upload_2018-6-11_20-20-40.png

Top Bottom