What's new

PIF- Shark DE blade review

Thanks to drwevil for the PIF of a tuck of these blades.

Proraso White cream with the Shark in my EJ89. Usual Blade is an Astrs SP.

I didn't enjoy shaving with the Shark. It felt rough, strangely grippy and required a bit of control to avoid dragging the head over my face because the end result would have been a lot of irritation. My usual shaving result is DFS with CCS under my chin, the end result with the Shark was CCS with SAS below.

Thanks again to drwevil for the blades and I'm looking forward to trying the other blades that you slipped into the tuck.

I've only used a Shark blade a couple of times as part of a blade sampler I got when I first started. I've never gone back and tried them again, but the new wet shaver in me didn't have any complaints. After wet shaving for the last 5+ years, I think it would be fun to try a sampler pack again.

Proraso white is good stuff, I really enjoy the scent. There's two sharks, stainless and super chrome. I had better results with the stainless, but lord blades are not that great if bbs is the end game. I think rainbow and big ben were the best, but I haven't used one in so long.

I've only used a Shark blade a couple of times as part of a blade sampler I got when I first started. I've never gone back and tried them again, but the new wet shaver in me didn't have any complaints. After wet shaving for the last 5+ years, I think it would be fun to try a sampler pack again.
This year I'd only been using the Astra SP's. That changed a few weeks ago when I was given 1940's British Tech and I've been trying it out with other blades. It was a little dull with Astra, better with a Gillette 7OC Yellow and really smooth with a Feather.

Proraso white is good stuff, I really enjoy the scent. There's two sharks, stainless and super chrome. I had better results with the stainless, but lord blades are not that great if bbs is the end game. I think rainbow and big ben were the best, but I haven't used one in so long.
It was a Super Stainless blade. The Lord, Big Ben and Rainbow I haven't used.

Proraso was the first soap that I used when I started DE shaving and I still enjoy it. I'm just waiting on some La Toja Sensitive to arrive which I haven't used before.

I find the Shark SS blade to be sharp & smooth for my medium beard type. It just goes to show that YMMV with any blade/razor combo.

I find the Shark SS blade to be sharp & smooth for my medium beard type. It just goes to show that YMMV with any blade/razor combo.
The good thing is that there should be a combo for everyone because there's a lot of blades out there. I'm only planning to try a few at the moment.

Top Bottom