What's new

PIF - Samples of Sudsy Soapery Lemon Rose Chypre soap and AS

A79AAC1E-7531-41DD-A8BF-65DAECE84045.jpeg

A friend sent me small (really! See pic) sample of Sudsy Soapery Lemon Rose Chypre AS and soap.

The scent was developed by Chatillon Lux and, surprisingly, I’m not too fond of the scent. Thought I’d pass these on for someone else to enjoy. The soap is tallow based (I think) which is different than most SS soaps.

A simple PIF - just say you’re in. I’ll randomly choose a winner on Wednesday morning.

I'm in. This scent sounds just right for my taste:

"This traditional chypre fragrance features an unexpected twist. The notes of lemon, ruby red grapefruit, natural rose essential oil, labdanum and oakmoss form the chypre structure, but a note of Nepalese palmarosa provides a bridge between the green oakmoss notes and the citrus top notes. Additionally, a dash of zesty ginger root shavings add a zesty undertone to the citrus to add a new twist to a traditional scent structure.

"This traditional chypre fragrance features an unexpected twist. The notes of lemon, ruby red grapefruit, natural rose essential oil, labdanum and oakmoss form the chypre structure, but a note of Nepalese palmarosa provides a bridge between the green oakmoss notes and the citrus top notes. Additionally, a dash of zesty ginger root shavings add a zesty undertone to the citrus to add a new twist to a traditional scent structure.
It's got an interesting thing going on. The initial impression was of lemon cough drops for a few seconds that went into a rose scent for a while. It dries down into a honey-rose scent with undertones of something else (the labdanum?).

I considered holding on to the samples, but figure that I have enough things that I really love already. So I thought I'd share the goods.

It's got an interesting thing going on. The initial impression was of lemon cough drops for a few seconds that went into a rose scent for a while. It dries down into a honey-rose scent with undertones of something else (the labdanum?).

I considered holding on to the samples, but figure that I have enough things that I really love already. So I thought I'd share the goods.
Nice.

Apparently random.org thinks this is just right for you as well, @mr_houston. Post #15 is the winner. PM me with your address and I’ll send the samples off to you.

Top Bottom