What's new

PIF - Proraso Red

Very nice indeed! I am in! I feel some karma coming after a couple of my own PIFs. :c9: We shall see what they say about Karma.

Regardless, thanks to the PIFer, and congrats to the eventual PIFee. Is that a word?
Congrats. I think you'll like it.

We have a winner!

View attachment 1333445

Post #50 @JCinPA

Congratulations and I hope you enjoy them!
Congrats to @JCinPA!

A point of order, if I may...

When selecting the PIF winner, it is better to create a list containing only the names of people who are "in". Then, use the random number generator to pick one of those names from the list of those who are "in".

By selecting the entire range of posts in the thread, this dilutes the pool with those who are "not in" as well as counting duplicate posts, etc. Someone who has posted three times should not be three times more likely to win. Each person who is "in" should be counted once; this way all the people "in" have an equal chance of winning.

So, I decided to run the numbers again using the method @Atlantic59 suggested and select a second winner! I don't have any more Proraso but I do have some other items I was planning to give away.

@Lightcs1776 you were selected!

Send me a message and let's see what we can work out for you.

Have a great weekend everyone!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Congrats to @JCinPA!

A point of order, if I may...

When selecting the PIF winner, it is better to create a list containing only the names of people who are "in". Then, use the random number generator to pick one of those names from the list of those who are "in".

By selecting the entire range of posts in the thread, this dilutes the pool with those who are "not in" as well as counting duplicate posts, etc. Someone who has posted three times should not be three times more likely to win. Each person who is "in" should be counted once; this way all the people "in" have an equal chance of winning.

Being math adept and CDO, this is correct. When I do them I map the post # of those who are IN in an Excel worksheet leaving out those not interested. Then I generate the random number from however many line numbers there are, May have 25 posts, but only 13 lines for instance. So the generator picks line 9 and that maps to post 22 for example.

proxy.php

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Of course that’s a bit of work. My last PIF was hilarious, as @EZoftheNorth registered on B&B, stumbled into my PIF, and met my criteria of newest member and closed the PIF in less than a half hour, start to finish. :lol:

The Shaving Gods must LOVE you, EZ :LMS That was awesome! Saved me a lot of homework, too.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
I have written names on slips of paper and had my wife literally draw from a hat. I have also counted the number of "I'm in"'s and had her pick a number between 0 and the last +1 so all have an equal shot. This is how things go when you are essentially computer illiterate.

Get out! I was only joking about the Karma. It worked! PIF, and ye shall be PIF'd.

Thank you, kind sir! I've never tried this and have always been curious.

Cheers,

John
Awesome! Well deserved for sure. Let me know how they are. I am a huge fan of the soap. If these are good I will have to pick them up.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
The link to my unboxing and thank you thread!

Top Bottom