What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF (postage only) - Stirling Soap Co Bay Rum AS

All right, me hearties. I shout it from the mizzentops: I am a bay rum fan. It's really the only scent I'll consider in using an aftershave. And the right amount of burn is just the thing. Yar.

Sadly, the much heralded Stirling version hasn't been agreeing with my skin. I don't know why. I love the scent - leaning toward the lime end of the spectrum as it does. And it burns, contrary to what I've heard some folks say - or read, but you get my drift. Trouble is, the burn then turns into a sting. It's just a bit much for me. And I'm a Captain's Choice Cat-O-Nine Tails fan. Go figure.

In the spirit of gentlemanly comradeship on display all over this forum, let's turn my loss into another's gain, shall we? Probably about 80% remains of this 100ml bottle.

If you're still reading and the warning shots across the bow haven't shivered your timbers overmuch, simply post a reply to this thread, share your thoughts on Bay Rum - which, if any, you've tried, and what you like. I'll put the first half a dozen or so names in a hat and ask SWMBO to randomly draw one of them and we'll have a lucky winner!

The winner will pay postage and let us know how the Stirling works out in its new home. Because this contains alcohol, I can't ship it outside the US, so lower 48 entries only, please. Winner promises to heed all warnings on the label, to wit:

33D89D29-F830-47B3-B437-45F07AB15892_1_102_o.jpeg

Since you are a Bay Rum fan, I heartily recommend Grand Bay Bay Rum. It is from Dominica and uses very few ingredients. If I recall, just Bay Oil, Alcohol, and water.

Bay Rum is a funny thing for me as I've been wet shaving for a long time but my Only exposure to Bay Rum has been a bottle of Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum that I have. I've heard many others are better and knowing first-hand how good Stirling is with other scents, I'm sure this one is good. I've wanted to try others but I guess fate just hasn't had it the cards for me as I've just not gotten around to it.

To me its in the same camp as barbershop which surprisingly is also a category I have very little experience with. Go figure.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
If you can get your hands on some vintage Avon Bay Rum (not sure about the one from the 1980s or was it 90s?) from the 1960s era it is amazing stuff.

Goodwill or the 'Bay is a good place to look, or an antique shoppe.

If you can get your hands on some vintage Avon Bay Rum (not sure about the one from the 1980s or was it 90s?) from the 1960s era it is amazing stuff.

Goodwill or the 'Bay is a good place to look, or an antique shoppe.
Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out for some.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Saw this too late. I can't get enough of Stirling's Bay Rum...I have an open bottle and two unopened waiting in the wings. I also have the soap, edp and solid cologne. Did I say this is one of my favorites? Congrats to the winner. Wonderful giveaway! Well done.

Top Bottom