What's new

PIF - Polsilver SI

Very, very generous. These are among my favorites, along with Kai and GSB. All these are sharp and smooth for consistent BBS and no pain. I’m also fond of the German Wilks for even gentler shaves but more in DFS territory.

Anyway, I’m in for the 9 tucks plus the 3 loose blades. Thanks.

Thank You for offering that PIF, but I'm in no need of the Polsilver SI as I have 80 or 90 of them left. The last time I bought them was in 2018 or 2019 and I paid $25.00 for a pack of 100. I wish I had stocked up on them when they were that low in price!

Like you, I enjoy Astra SP and Gillette Silver Blues, however, I've been experimenting with other blades lately, like the SuperMax Titanium blades and the Dorco Titan blades as well.

How many Shaves do you get from the Astras and GSBs?

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk

Great Pif! Respectfully not in. I still have about 80 of these but I prefer the Wizamet SI over the Polsilver SI.
How do the Wizamet SI compare to the Polsilver SI in terms of sharpness/smoothness? What do you like about the Wizamats when compared to the Polsilvers? I know with the Polsilvers, I have to be careful when shaving my chin because that seems to be a sensitive area and sometimes I end up cutting myself. Of course, I also have a scar on my chin where I had to have stitches a long time ago, so I'm not sure if that is part of the issue.

I already have some of the Wizamats that I purchased on blind faith and then just recently I purchased another 600. I hope I like them, that is all I got to say about that! All totalled, I will end up having between 800 to 1,000 of the Wizamats onhand, but I haven't done the exact math.

As far as the Gillette Silver Blues and Astra SP's, I like those as well. When I started wetshaving, I started with the GSB's and really like them. I later tried the Astra SP's and find those to be good as well.

I also like the Gillette Sputnik blades. I need to get out of this rut I'm in when it comes to rotating blades. I've been using the Polsilvers for a while now even though I do have GSBs, Sputnik, Astra, Voskhod, among others I have on hand.

Korey

Do you, or others, find that you rotate blades from one day to the next? I seem to recall seeing an item sold as a "blade holder" to keep multiple blades that a guy rotates through, but I'm not sure where I saw that.

Korey

How do the Wizamet SI compare to the Polsilver SI in terms of sharpness/smoothness? What do you like about the Wizamats when compared to the Polsilvers? I know with the Polsilvers, I have to be careful when shaving my chin because that seems to be a sensitive area and sometimes I end up cutting myself. Of course, I also have a scar on my chin where I had to have stitches a long time ago, so I'm not sure if that is part of the issue.

I already have some of the Wizamats that I purchased on blind faith and then just recently I purchased another 600. I hope I like them, that is all I got to say about that! All totalled, I will end up having between 800 to 1,000 of the Wizamats onhand, but I haven't done the exact math.

As far as the Gillette Silver Blues and Astra SP's, I like those as well. When I started wetshaving, I started with the GSB's and really like them. I later tried the Astra SP's and find those to be good as well.

I also like the Gillette Sputnik blades. I need to get out of this rut I'm in when it comes to rotating blades. I've been using the Polsilvers for a while now even though I do have GSBs, Sputnik, Astra, Voskhod, among others I have on hand.

Korey

Do you, or others, find that you rotate blades from one day to the next? I seem to recall seeing an item sold as a "blade holder" to keep multiple blades that a guy rotates through, but I'm not sure where I saw that.

Korey

Everyone experiences blades differently. I think I might be very sensitive to blade feel as blades like Astra SP's feel very rough to me as do most of the P&G Russian blades but to a lesser degree than the Astra SPs. I find that Wizamet SI blades feel smoother to me and produce less irritation than the Polsilver SI. I would say that the sharpness is similar. In fact I have been using one of my Polsilver SI blades in my Wolfman razor for the last two days and I am experiencing some minor irritation. I also find that I can get 7 or 8 shaves from a Wizamet SI and with the Polsilver SI, I usually get about 4 to 5 before it starts losing efficiency. Generally I like to stick with one blade at a time. It is just easier for me to keep track of but I have done more than one blade at a time. When I use more than one, I usually park the extra blade in a different razor for a while but sometimes I will keep it in a shot glass on my counter. My smoothest blade is the Israel made Personna Chrome Platinum blades and I prefer to use that blade first in any new razor when evaluating it. I know that blade very well and it is well behaved. I find them slightly less sharp than the Wizamet SI but also slightly smoother. They are plenty sharp enough for my beard. I will be using the Personna tomorrow in a beautiful Fatip Lo Storto that I was gifted by @nicked78 which just arrived. What ever surprises might be in store for me I know it won't be because of the blade.

Respectully not in as I've got a few tucks left (plus about 500+ blades in reserve). This is a great blade and the winner will be very pleased.

I'm in for the 9 +3. I just got introduced to Polsilver in the participation PIF and am sold on anything Polsilver.

We have a winner! @BigJ please message your contact information and I will mail it out.

For anyone curious about the selection process, I used the B&B post number and generated random numbers from 5-33 (the first 4 were not in and would have been considered voids). The first two selections were the same and void and our winner was the third random number generated.

Congratulations, @BigJ

1629764095542.png

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What a wonderful, generous PIF! Reluctantly, yet respectfully NOT in my friend. Someone else deserves these more than me!
Ha! I love it when things werk out great! @BigJ most DEFINITELY qualifies for being more deserving than I. Congratulations my friend, and thank you @sm29 for your wonderful generosity.

Top Bottom