What's new

PIF: Personna 74 blades "The Sweet Sixteen"

All PIF blades were sent out this morning via USPS First Class mail. Enjoy!

Since you haven't tried them before, I'll advise the recipients that these blades are extremely sharp. They are at least as sharp as a Feather, and they will stay extremely sharp for at least the first week of shaves. For the following week or two, they will merely be very sharp. After that, they will still be plenty sharp, for at least another week. I don't know what happens after that. Maybe you can tell us!!

When I did my month of shaves with a P74, I started it out in my milder razors and worked up to the more aggressive handles as time went on. That seemed to work out for me.

Good luck with the Sixteen Plus! Feel free to report your experiences on this thread.

Last edited:
Blades received.

Just wanted to again say thank you for allowing us an opportunity to try these.

All PIF blades were sent out this morning via USPS First Class mail. Enjoy!

Since you haven't tried them before, I'll advise the recipients that these blades are extremely sharp. They are at least as sharp as a Feather, and they will stay extremely sharp for at least the first week of shaves. For the following week or two, they will merely be very sharp. After that, they will still be plenty sharp, for at least another week. I don't know what happens after that. Maybe you can tell us!!

When I did my month of shaves with a P74, I started it out in my milder razors and worked up to the more aggressive handles as time went on. That seemed to work out for me.

Good luck with the Sixteen Plus! Feel free to report your experiences on this thread.

I received them thanks again will update on how it goes. Do these really last as long as a month?

Yeah, baby. It's likely you'll get tired of it before it actually runs out of gas. Of course, YMMV, but it will last longer, by far, than any other blade you've tried.

I'm glad to see the mail carriers are dropping these off now!

I can understand why ASR stopped make them. What's the point of making a disposable product that lasts 10 times longer than its competing products? But with the market as tiny and fragmented as it is now, I'd think they could make an honest profit now if they dusted off the old production specifications and sold them for a buck a piece.

Just got mine today, was wondering who I got a card from haha
Thanks a ton Man00ver can't wait to try these out, gonna shave with it till it has nothing left in it. Sweet Sixty? haha

Top Bottom