What's new

PIF- Penhaligon’s Bayolea cream

Hi all,
Quick review on this.

It's different for sure. First, the scent. There isn't much on the net in terms of info or reviews, but I did find one on YouTube where the guy describes it in detail and basically says it has every scent he can think of buried in the various 'notes.' Well, I didn't get any of that at all. The only thing that comes to mind is the generic lotion in hotel rooms. Just sort of plain. Not bad, not good, just generic and plain.

Performance
I read on their website that is it recommended to apply with a brush.So I did, its thick like noxema or lotion. I didn't bother to try and lather as I knew it wasn't going to work. Paint in on and shave. First 2 passes were ok, against the grain was no bueno. Lovely razor burn and not even a close shave.

So 2nd attempt I used it as a preshave conditioner while I whipped up some real lather with Maca root shave cream. Great shave with my Rockwell 6c as expected.

So as far as a real shave cream, this isn't it. But as far as a conditioning pre-shave, it works for that and I suspect that is the intended use. Going to try it again tomorrow, but will rinse it off before applying the lather. I noticed it killed my lather a bit when I left it on.

Top Bottom