What's new

PIF: One of my favorites: Cella (Dog not included.)

Haven't done a PIF for a while so here is one of my favorite soaps. Cella. Old Treeing Walker Coonhound not included. She is not used to modeling shaving soap hats and she wouldn't be still so it is a bit out of focus.

PIF Rules: Tell us about your favorite shaving soap/cream and why you like it.

I'll select a winner in a few days.

Update: I'll pick a winner on Sunday after church. Side benefit of the PIF is the recommendations of soaps I haven't tried before. I will be ordering a couple for sure.
Polly with Cella Hat.jpg

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Not in. I just came to see the dog lol.

I dont think any of my fathers Walker coon hounds would have done that haha.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Not in. I've got some Cella and want to give others the chance to try it...great PIF!

My current favorite soap is an old favorite, Tabac. Consistently great lather, excellent scent. Just a great all around soap in my opinion.

I’m in ! Gosh I haven’t had this soap in 10 plus years when I first ever got into wet shaving.

My favorite shaving soap is Stirling because it’s low end on price , but can stand there with the big boys once you dial in a scent you love.

I’ve never tried Cella, I’m in please.

My favorite soap is MWF. It has a light, pleasant scent and I can use any AS with it. It makes a great lather that is slick and also has a nice post shave feel.

Yeah I'd like to have some Cella, I'm in.

You know my favorite soap changes, because it was WK, but I really like that new B&M Excelsior. I used some Sterling I had had for a while and used it about 2 weeks and I think at the time that was my favorite soap I've got a new appreciation for it. At the moment I can honestly say I don't think I have a favorite but I have several favorite A&E is one too. Not exactly what you asked for but that's honest.

I hadn't tried Cella, so I am in.

My favorite soap is Stirling. It is plenty slick and has many great scents. It's hard to pick a favorite scent, but Christmas Eve and Mountain Man are definitely at the top of my list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I'm in, having never tried Cella. I love MWF, for the slickness and the post shave feel.
I love your dog.

Have never tried Cella, and would love to. Please count me in! Favorite soap at the moment is my last tallow AOS sandalwood. Never thought it would save that, because I don't think it smells all that much like sandalwood. But the scent is pleasant enough, and the lather is super great!

Cella is a classic. This should be won by someone who has not yet experienced this wonderful Italian soap. Thank you sir for your generosity, respectfully, not in.

I'm not in

Have Cella in the red tub and it's one of my favorites. I get a good quick lather with it. So I like to use it on workdays. Usually on weekends I like to use Sudsy Soapery or Saponifico Veresino. But Cella gets used as well.

I would have to say my favorite is Saponifico Veresino. But i have liked every italian soap\cream I've used so far.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Very generous PIF! Not in, as I have a sample from @shavefan . Someone is in for a treat.

Speaking of treats, I'm sure that coon dog would love one!

Not in. Have and love Cella. Favourite soaps are Saponifico Varesino and Tallow and Steel. SV because of great scents and quality performance. T + S for the natural and unique scents with terrific post shave feel.

Have not tried Cella (though I did smell it once... marzipan?). So, I'm in.

Currently, my favourite cream is Nivea Sensitive in the tube because I'm a cheapskate and I got a bunch of it for cheap (drugstore clearance bin). Having said that, it performs very well and I like the scent.

p.s. Your pup deserves a belly rub for letting you put a box of soap on her head. 😊

Great PIF!!

Respectfully not in as I am working through some Cella these days and enjoying every shave!

I'm in, I tried Cella years ago and remember really liking it. Would love to get back in my regular rotation

My current favorite soap is Murphy & McNeil 'Claddagh'. I really like to support Murphy & McNeil because they are a big supporter of numerous Charities. Oh, and their soap base is exceptionally nice as well.

Thank you

I have 1 tallow soap Arko, which has a soapy smell and never tried a tallow soap with a some other scent. My other soaps are non-tallow Prosaso and I like the sandalwood type scent of one of them If .

IF this thoughtful PIF is OCONUS, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring and wish everyone will have a great Canadian Thanksgiving weekend!

Last edited:
Top Bottom