What's new

PIF: newbie *USED* soap (4 winners)

Eben Stone

Staff member
I would like to give away 4 sets of used soaps, one each, to 4 different winners.

Who is elibible:

I would like to give these soaps away to someone that actually needs them, because they don't already have many soaps.

Anyone new to traditional shaving, and living in the continental US (because I'm paying shipping), with at least 10 posts, and owns no more than 10 soaps, is eligible.

About the soaps:

I have 4 sets to give away, let's call them A B C D.

Set A:

• Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
  • Abbate y La Mantia Buttero

Set B:

• Dr. Jon's Flowers in the Dark
  • West Coast Shaving Chypre

Set C:

• Saponificio Varesino Cosmo 4.2
  • Wickham 1912 Le Bleu (sampler)

Set D:

• Lather & Wood Bay Rum
  • Lather & Wood Bay Rum aftershave balm
  • 3 blade tucks: Gillette 7 o'clock yellow, Astra SP, Gillette Silver Blue

All these soaps are used, they have all been loaded off the puck. Except for the Lather & Wood, I bought them off the BST. If you have a problem with used soap please look elsewhere, this isn't for you.

I'm not sure exactly how much of each soap is left, maybe between 30 and 50% remaining.

IMO, they all have good scent and good performance. Any newbie should be happy with using these soaps to experiment with.

Sometime around monday night pacific time, at my whim, I will end this and pick the winners randomly. A winner will be chosen randomly from the A group, then separately from the B group, etc.

If you have any questions please ask.

Please indicate which one you want.

Good luck...

Eben Stone

Staff member
20210417_120823.jpg

20210417_120839.jpg

Set A

Thanks for the generous PIF! I'd like to be in, please...a nice change from the Arko I have been using since staring wet shaving just over two weeks ago.

I'd prefer Set A with Set D as a second choice.

Thanks again!

Hi!!!

I’d like in on this. Wonder If I have enough posts?

I have 3 soaps, one I made quickly (that I’ve since discovered is NOT adequate compared to REAL soap), some kind of powder they sell locally, and some Long Rifle Rendevous.

No preference to A-D.

Edit: Yes! I have enough posts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eben Stone

Staff member
I'm surprised this hasn't had more participants. Is it a used soap snobbery thing? The eligibility is too restrictive? Newbies don't know a good soap? Haha

I’m in. New to wet shaving about a month and not a lot of soaps. My preference would be set B but open to any. Thank you for a great opportunity to try some new soaps.

Eben Stone

Staff member
Now closed.

Due to the underwhelming response, I will allow the 3 participants to have their preference.

Winners please send me your address via PM.

Thanks for the generous PIF! I'd like to be in, please...a nice change from the Arko I have been using since staring wet shaving just over two weeks ago.

I'd prefer Set A with Set D as a second choice.

Thanks again!

Congrats @gabulldogs
Set A

Hi!!!

I’d like in on this. Wonder If I have enough posts?

I have 3 soaps, one I made quickly (that I’ve since discovered is NOT adequate compared to REAL soap), some kind of powder they sell locally, and some Long Rifle Rendevous.

No preference to A-D.

Edit: Yes! I have enough posts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats @Sniperx
You may pick C or D

I’m in. New to wet shaving about a month and not a lot of soaps. My preference would be set B but open to any. Thank you for a great opportunity to try some new soaps.

Congrats @lgeorge1987
Set B

Top Bottom