What's new

PIF: New Piper's Privilege

Having quite a few years experience with that pipe, I can vouch that it is not inherently a wet smoker, even with heavily cased aromatics.

Maybe you're just a pipe slobberer. If so, welcome to the club... I'm like a Great Dane as soon as a pipe touches my lips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moisture is usually a sign of smoking too fast. The goal should be a steady series of "sips" and not heavy pulls. How long does a full bowl normally last for you?
Yeah, I know it's usually a sign of smoking too fast, but I have a history of needing to really concentrate to smoke fast enough. I gave up on this bowl (because bedtime) after 45 minutes and there was half of it left. The other day, my miracle one-light smoke in an MM Ozark with a Dri-Kule taking up >30% of the bowl lasted me an hour.

Could be the mechanics of the pipe, could be the tobacco is too moist, could be cause you're a caveman ;)
Tobacco wasn't particularly wet when I took it out and I gave it an hour to dry, but then an hour of drying doesn't do much in my region's humidity. Caveman issue seems likely.

Having quite a few years experience with that pipe, I can vouch that it is not inherently a wet smoker, even with heavily cased aromatics.
Thanks, that's the data I sought.

Maybe you're just a pipe slobberer. If so, welcome to the club... I'm like a Great Dane as soon as a pipe touches my lips.
I do sometimes slobber. Maybe this pipe encourages it for me. Also, since I usually use filters, not having one would allow my slobber unfettered access to the entire length...

Top Bottom