What's new

PIF: Nam Vets

First of all let me say thank you to all of you who have worn the uniform of the USA. I fully appreciate all of your sacrifices. However this PIF is for the men & women who served in Viet Nam. These men fought in a war, and were not allowed to put the full backing of the United States Military behind them. They were maligned and looked down upon when returning to the states. I for one salute you all.

Qualifiers must meet one of the following conditions:

1. You must have been a veteran of the Viet Nam war.
2. You must have had an immediate family member (father, mother, brother, sister, son
or daughter) who gave the ultimate sacrifice for their country in Viet Nam.

As you all served admirably, the recipient will be selected by a random number selection.

For this PIF, you will have to also do a PIF, but I will put that item in the box for you to determine how it should be done.

This PIF will end at 11:59 pm on Monday the 17th of February, President's Day. Shipping to CONUS is included.

If you would like to put in a story with your obligatory "I'm in" I'm sure all would appreciate reading them.

Good Luck, and thanks for your service!!!

$pif.jpg

I'm not old enough to have served in that conflict, so "not in". However, I would like to say thank you for recognizing my fellow Brothers in Arms.

Great PIF. Nothing but the utmost respect for those who served in the jungle. Even when I was deployed, and it really sucked, I always said, "well, at least it isn't Vietnam." Thank you for your sacrifice.

What an excellent generous PIF. My Dad was in the Army during the Vietnam war years, but he was sent to Korea instead.

I served, spent several cruises of yankee station off the coast , watching the planes launch, helping them land, etc.. I'm not in though, have more than enough gear, given some away, still have more to go!

not in, but a great offer.

My thanks to all of the people who did, are, will be serving to protect their country

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
This is a fantastic PIF. My father served in Vietnam and he suffers medical complications because of it. Won't go in to details but anyone who's familiar with the war already knows. He typically doesn't speak much about it but I know he was an artilleryman, field artillery.

He is not a wet shaver so I'm not in. Just wanted to say thank you for offering this PIF to our Vietnam Vets.

This is a fantastic PIF. My father served in Vietnam and he suffers medical complications because of it. Won't go in to details but anyone who's familiar with the war already knows. He typically doesn't speak much about it but I know he was an artilleryman, field artillery.

He is not a wet shaver so I'm not in. Just wanted to say thank you for offering this PIF to our Vietnam Vets.

Maybe you could talk him into becoming a wet shaver.

Not in...but really appreciate your PIF for the Vietnam vets. I lost people in that awful "conflict" and never had to go myself...my draft number was 284. I would have gone if called, but I know I would not have returned "whole."

My sincere thanks to those of you who served in Vietnam...and to those of you who have served this country, before and since, to protect our way of life that we hold so dear.

Great PIF. My father is a Vietnam vet (Navy Seabee NMCB 5) and my grandmother shared audio tapes he sent home with me and as a little kid I was amazed hearing the background noise even where he was which was away from the immediate front. I was lucky he made it back (or I wouldn't be here.)

My dad was in Nam, Marine Core OORAH!! Unfortunately lost him some years back however. I would love to be included in this PIF if I qualify in your eyes as I do not have much gear. If not no biggie, either way I wanted to say thank you to all who serve and have served.

Well all miss you pops!!

I was in operation frequent wind, but not in as it was just the evacuation and did not have to duck bullets. Nice pif though.

I was there, but mostly offshore, and in two different Navy ships. Naval gunfire support, plane guard, and resupply operations. Very nice PIF, but I don't need any more gear.

Thanks for recognizing us vets.

Saltchuck, USN (Retired)

I did a tour in RVN '68, but I'm not in. I've been around here at B&B for awhile now and have a lifetime supply of everything. Anyway, its a wonderful PIF, and very gracious of you to honor us.

-- John Gehman

Kudos to your kind sentiment. I served in '70_'71 in a combat engr outfit in the medical corp. I saw some minor mischief but was fortunate enough to make it back. I've been wet shaving and have been immensely enjoying the many insights into it for about 2 years now. It's wonderful to be doing it correctly. I have enough product and hardware to last for quite a while. Again, thank you for the kind words. They really make us feel good.

Top Bottom