What's new

PIF: Mühle R41 (special eligibility)

I'm In. I have been thinking of getting an R-41 for the past 6 months. If I don't like how it shaves I will PIF it to someone else. :thumbup1:

Eben Stone

Staff member
I'm In. I have been thinking of getting an R-41 for the past 6 months. If I don't like how it shaves I will PIF it to someone else. :thumbup1:

To be eligible you must share one of your prior posts, prior to this PIF, mentioning your interest in the R41 or a more aggressive razor.

If you're not eligible for this one, don't worry, I still have more stuff to give away...

Great PIF. Respectfully, not in. I already have a post 2013 - R41. I have great respect and love for this razor.

Excellent and very generous PIF (respectfully not in, since it's already my grail razor! :001_wub: )

Now tell us @Eben Stone : what is the razor you are looking for as a replacement of the BEAST? 😉

Fun fact: I know that in Italy the R41 razor is not known as the beast...but as the SHARK.

Hi Folks,

Thought I’d give my first impressions of the R41 after two shaves….I love it! I’ve had two very smooth, comfortable, and efficient shaves. I used an Astra SP both times and plan to have another two shaves with that setup to sort of give me a base to compare to.

There is a lot of hype around this razor as being super aggressive - something to almost be weary of. But honestly, it just felt like an efficient instrument doing its job. Of course, I didn’t rush through either shave. I just went slow and enjoyed it immensely.

Looking forward to trying more blades and really getting to know this razor. Thanks Ed!

The last two shaves:

D1A78359-0C54-40BA-9CF7-B16DA082F635.jpeg
6EC1231C-FD48-4942-BD91-2C29FF402A77.jpeg
D6C91CC9-E686-4C16-AD8E-A5CC20748B67.jpeg
5E32BF8D-7DE6-4FAB-BF89-097E268E41BF.jpeg

Last edited:
That's a great PIF. [emoji846] Congratulations to the winner.

I already have the R41 and love it. I have no issues with mine and do not consider it to be a bloodthirsty shark, whether or not I'm using Shark blades or sharper blades, such as Tatra or Astra SS.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Hi Folks,

Thought I’d give my first impressions of the R41 after two shaves….I love it! I’ve had two very smooth, comfortable, and efficient shaves. I used an Astra SP both times and plan to have another two shaves with that setup to sort of give me a base to compare to.

There is a lot of hype around this razor as being super aggressive - something to almost be weary of. But honestly, it just felt like an efficient instrument doing its job. Of course, I didn’t rush through either shave. I just went slow and enjoyed it immensely.

Looking forward to trying more blades and really getting to know this razor. Thanks Ed!

The last two shaves:

View attachment 1271199View attachment 1271200View attachment 1271202View attachment 1271201
MrBeez, please tell us about your whiskers and your skin. Otherwise your comments on the R-41 have little value.

Are your whiskers soft, medium, or coarse?

Is your skin thin and sensitive, or normal, or is your hide thick and tough?

MrBeez, please tell us about your whiskers and your skin. Otherwise your comments on the R-41 have little value.

Are your whiskers soft, medium, or coarse?

Is your skin thin and sensitive, or normal, or is your hide thick and tough?
Hey @santamariasteve, sure thing. I would say I have medium whiskers. Not wispy, but not Thomas Magnum-course either. Basically, after two days of growth, they are beyond scratchy for my wife. My skin is more on the sensitive side.

DE shaving has always been about using the right amount of pressure for me. At first, it felt counter intuitive to me that the less pressure I used, the closer shave I would get but it proves itself out every time. I think that experience is what helps me get such nice shaves with the R41. I've used it five consecutive times now with no irritation or razor burn. I admit, I don't chase the BBS especially on my lower neck. AGT on my lower neck is north to south and if I try too hard on that area I will get in grown whiskers. Same thing at my jaw line where ATG is east to west on my right jaw, and west to east on my left.

So although this razor is considered aggressive, I find it very comfortable to use. Used properly, I see no reason why this can't be a daily driver. I'm really digging it!

Top Bottom