What's new

PIF - looking for some folks who want to try something new.

I just tried the Super Speed (black tip). Very nice razor! Gives a mild and comfortable shave. I'm a fan of the Gillette TTO razors as I find the head geometry very comfortable. Last up is the Red Tip I've been dying to try. Will give it a go this weekend, post my final thoughts, and get the box in the mail for the next person. Will keep everyone posted if I decide to swap something out!

So after giving it some thought, I’m going to refrain from making a swap. Want Others to have the opportunity to try these out. The Goodwill and Red Tip were tempting. I have an extra Super Adjustable (long handle) that I think I’ll throw into the box. It doesn’t get enough use since I prefer the feel of my short handle. It’s a great razor though!

Sorry for the delay. Sent the box out this morning. Should be in the next user's hands by Thursday. I added the Gillette Super Adjustable to the box as promised. Didn't take anything out. I really enjoyed this and appreciate the opportunity to try a few new razors!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Sorry for the delay. Sent the box out this morning. Should be in the next user's hands by Thursday. I added the Gillette Super Adjustable to the box as promised. Didn't take anything out. I really enjoyed this and appreciate the opportunity to try a few new razors!
You are a gentleman and a scholar.

I have slow growing facial hair, and with a good SR shave I can go between shaves even longer. I’m limiting my test to a few razors, to get the box moving faster. Maybe futur clone, goodwill, Canadian old style are on the list for now. I had hopes for the goodwill but it feels cross threaded and cap does not seem to hold tight, I did not not want to torque it down for fear of further damage. I’m going to pass on it, maybe someone down the line can repair.

Today was my first shave with the futur clone with a new personna red. Lately I’ve been using muhle r41, and fatip piccolo so I’ll be comparing to these. The futur clone looks like a prop from men in black, but performs like a clumsy kid in a ballet class. It’s weight is chunky and balance is odd. I started with 3.5 setting, Like previous review needed special attention to get under nose. If you depend on visual clues/ input the razor tends to block most of that, it did however give very good audio feedback with running water turned off. I dialed it up to 4.5 for final pass, I was cautious because at 4.5 you are starting to feel the blade, unless you have great DE skills or SR experience I would say this is maximum level to try. Shave was almost as close as fatip, R41, but these are known drivers, but as a new razor needed much more attention/ concentration to get a close irritation free shave. It did feel a bit more aggressive but I was cautious to [email protected]. I’m curious to take this razor into the danger zone / higher settings. Pleased with shave deserves more testing.

Sorry life got in the way, Box should ship as soon as surhim21 gets back to me.

KLATU BARDA NIKTO.... for all the modern spaceman like sound and fury of the the Futur copy... it signified not much.... meh....it is not a keeper for me. It did provide a decent shave, but I don’t. See my self using it much in the futur(e). I have other razors that outshine it with less effort, and with out a chunky head, and it would end up collecting dust..... so this one continues it’s journey.

the last two razors I tested were the Canadian old style, Super adjustable 109, Both razors were tested with personna lab blues. I have a shaved with couple of US old style that do not shave as close as this Canadian! Not sure what the subtle difference is but got an impressive shave, two passes with touch ups. Super close one tiny weeper, and just a hint of alum feedback.

Next razor up was the super adjustable 109, long handle, metal bottom, I have shaved with a slim adjustable in the past but it was not as pleasurable as this shave. Started at 6 did some touch ups at 7. And got a shave closer than the Canadian old style, no weepers Zero alum feed back.

I really liked the last 2 and would stay in rotation, I’m inclined to keep both we’ll see how I feel when it comes to packing and shipping in the next day or 2. I’m still trying to decide what is going in I think I’m Putting in the box a ........ right now it’s travel tech, NDC super speed, and a flare tip. Some tucks of blades to take up space in the small flat rate priority usps box.

First post has the rules. You don’t necessarily have to put something in if you take something. I kind of encourage that to keep box manageable .... a size a small flare rate usps box. I will be putting in more than I took out ( in quantity not quality).

I haven't received anything yet. And haven't received a reply from my message. He must of had something going on. He has not been on here since the 19th. I seriously doubt he would just disappear.

Biglo13 messaged me to get my address then nothing. Haven't heard from him and he hasn't been on. Before that he and I messaged back and forth a lot.

Top Bottom