What's new

PIF - looking for some folks who want to try something new.

If it is okay I would like to add myself to the list. At the moment I don't have anything to put in after a massive den clearing sale and pif, but, I can pick up a couple from that auction site to add. I've been shaving with a de for a while so I had quite the collection. The pictures aren't showing up for me is there possibly an injector in there? I have been wanting to try one for a while. I just lost an auction for a pretty G1 that got sniped at the last minute. As far as I can tell next up is

1. spolct
2. lampm10999
3. Feynmansbongos
4. tehnothing
I'm in the US. I'll ship anywhere.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What is in the box? What size box is it right now? Nevermind pictures are loading. I see someone is putting an injector on their turn, I'll wait to buy one then. Depending on what kind it is I will just try it and leave it in the box. I am deadset on a G1 with the pretty butterscotch handle and they are easy enough to find. If it is already been said Nevermind because I'm going back to read the whole thread, but, where is that cadet from?

Last edited:
What is in the box? What size box is it right now? Nevermind pictures are loading. I see someone is putting an injector on their turn, I'll wait to buy one then. Depending on what kind it is I will just try it and leave it in the box. I am deadset on a G1 with the pretty butterscotch handle and they are easy enough to find. If it is already been said Nevermind because I'm going back to read the whole thread, but, where is that cadet from?

Which is the g1. I have a shock injector that was given to me that I haven't used. I'm honestly scared to use an injector. Funny considering I use straights all the time.

Which is the g1. I have a shock injector that was given to me that I haven't used. I'm honestly scared to use an injector. Funny considering I use straights all the time.
You would have to look into the history of them. I think the g1 was made around 48 by Eversharp. They are gold colored with seamed Bakelite handles. They have a smattering of vertical lines where as the later g types have horizontal lines in them. The g doesn't have the ear things on the spring. I think I actually have one now that came with a old spice mug I ordered for my razorock what the puck black label. I had to cut it to fit unlike my silver plated Victorian shaving mugs. Those fit perfectly. The mug also came with a Schick krona, a D1 super speed, and, what I believe is a new short comb on a common bar handle. At first I thought the g1's only came with amber handles, but, after recieving mine I think they camein cream as well.

The shave was very efficent, but, i had a metric butt ton of nicks, both under my nose and on my neck.

Attachments

• 2019-12-05 22.25.44.jpg
    2019-12-05 22.25.44.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 2019-12-05 22.26.57.jpg
    2019-12-05 22.26.57.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • 2019-12-05 22.27.26.jpg
    2019-12-05 22.27.26.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
I sent the box on to the next member on saturday. I did keep the black tip and the black beauty. I put a maggard V3 head with maggard handle in and a superspeed I think it is or it's a flair tip. I dont know what it's called.

When it left me.everything fit in a small USPS priority box. It was a tight fit but There should be more room if suhrim21 kept the black tip and case.

Last edited:
That is how that small travel razor should look like. The small handle part can be stuck into the big handle part to safe space. The threading is strange. Outer diameter on mine is about 4.4mm. Maybe M4.5? Maybe 9-32? No diea. I tried mine today and it shave as nicely as an Old Type.

Attachments

• travel-1.jpg
    travel-1.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 14
  • travel-2.jpg
    travel-2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 16
That is how that small travel razor should look like. The small handle part can be stuck into the big handle part to safe space. The threading is strange. Outer diameter on mine is about 4.4mm. Maybe M4.5? Maybe 9-32? No diea. I tried mine today and it shave as nicely as an Old Type.
I have a travel tech. That looks way better

This box has it's share of of misfits, that's for sure. The Cadet TTO looks interesting, but the handle goes crooked when tightening it down so it's not at all usable in its current state. Not sure if it can be fixed or not. The red tip is pretty rough - the knob is pretty gritty and noisy when twisting it. The Goodwill's handle is cracked and just spins around. I don't have any epoxy or I would fix it before sending it on. I might have an old type handle for that lone head and if I do I might hang onto it.

I'll probably hang onto the 2 flaretip superspeeds, but I want to try the tiny tech out (with a real handle though) since I've never tried a tech before.

I'll be adding a schick injector + blades and my very first razor, a Weishi TTO that was just too mild for my face/head hairs. I might include another something or another too.

In the interim I have received some candidates for the box. A black tip super speed, a flair tip, a common bar new, a Schick krona, and, the g1 injector I mentioned before. I cleaned them up and a few of them look worse than before. I hit them with scrubbing bubbles for a few minutes and then soaked in dish soap water. This is the second time this has happened to me. I thought these were best practices.

Top Bottom