What's new

PIF... I Need Space

I have been overwhelmed with super noble and good responses. Follow-on PIFs to friends and family definitely qualifies. Having served 25 years in the Air Force I have already Pifed some items to military members. Although when I was deployed to Afghanistan the most valuable thing I received (via an Army Intel officer from Chattanooga) was a chocolate Moon Pie… it went down nicely.

My dad was a teacher and I suppose, via my niece sending me all his razors a few months ago, he was the first to provide me with a PIF. Although he has been dead for years so I don’t know how forward that really is. I will have a future PIF for teachers. I am a veteran so I PIF to myself on a regular basis.

Hyloworks First Responders was a great call… and first runner-up. However the winner is ToothPick with the Saint Sue Moore Memorial Fundraiser. When I started preparing the box I came across a few extra items pictured below. Please PM a mailing address and I will try to get this out tomorrow.

Although there was no runner-up prize offered… as I went through my gear the Lord seemed to supply abundantly. Hyloworks if you will PM me your address I will get the items (pictured with the 3 new Van Der Hagan Premium Shave sets) sent to you. This includes 2 brand new RazoRock Mission DE Razors with Bulldog handles. I bought these as extras when I discovered that this was the razor for me and I would never need another model… about 80 models ago.

Hyloworks this offer is only good if you personally accept the copper shave bowl and vintage Colgate Cup soap. The soap is brittle but if you grate it with a cheese grater and then remold the puck in the bowl adding just a touch of water every now and then… you will have a soap that easily rivals the vintage Williams.

For everyone else, thanks for your participation and if you saw something you liked I encourage you to purchase it during the Saint Sue Moore Memorial Fundraiser.

2019_Jun_25_8028_LR.jpg
2019_Jun_25_8025_LR.jpg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
This is amazing! Thanks so much Leonard! I know I'll be bidding on that Colgate soap.

Back in 2017 I basically did the same thing as you did here. Liquidated my shave den. I work with a guy in the Army National Guard and I boxed up a bunch of stuff and gave it to him to distribute to his unit. He said the guys went nuts over it all.

Here's a before picture of my shave den:
before.JPG

And here's an after picture of it:
after.JPG

So they got a lot of stuff. Last year we raised $14,000 for the NBCF. With all this great gear going in to the auction I'm willing to bet we beat that total this year!

I have been overwhelmed with super noble and good responses. Follow-on PIFs to friends and family definitely qualifies. Having served 25 years in the Air Force I have already Pifed some items to military members. Although when I was deployed to Afghanistan the most valuable thing I received (via an Army Intel officer from Chattanooga) was a chocolate Moon Pie… it went down nicely.

My dad was a teacher and I suppose, via my niece sending me all his razors a few months ago, he was the first to provide me with a PIF. Although he has been dead for years so I don’t know how forward that really is. I will have a future PIF for teachers. I am a veteran so I PIF to myself on a regular basis.

Hyloworks First Responders was a great call… and first runner-up. However the winner is ToothPick with the Saint Sue Moore Memorial Fundraiser. When I started preparing the box I came across a few extra items pictured below. Please PM a mailing address and I will try to get this out tomorrow.

Although there was no runner-up prize offered… as I went through my gear the Lord seemed to supply abundantly. Hyloworks if you will PM me your address I will get the items (pictured with the 3 new Van Der Hagan Premium Shave sets) sent to you. This includes 2 brand new RazoRock Mission DE Razors with Bulldog handles. I bought these as extras when I discovered that this was the razor for me and I would never need another model… about 80 models ago.

Hyloworks this offer is only good if you personally accept the copper shave bowl and vintage Colgate Cup soap. The soap is brittle but if you grate it with a cheese grater and then remold the puck in the bowl adding just a touch of water every now and then… you will have a soap that easily rivals the vintage Williams.

For everyone else, thanks for your participation and if you saw something you liked I encourage you to purchase it during the Saint Sue Moore Memorial Fundraiser.

View attachment 993859 View attachment 993860
Thank you so much for your generosity. I will graciously accept your copper bowl and vintage Colgate and enjoy it in my den. I have been looking at copper bowls just recently oddly enough. Again, thank you. Cheers!
P.S. don't worry I have grated many pucks of soap, so your vintage Colgate is in good hands.

Not in, I'm not noble enough. If I were in, I'd try a couple of pieces, an rePIF the rest. Or maybe steal @Toothpick's idea.

But since I'm not in, I'd like to join the chorus calling for it to go to @Toothpick for the St. Sue Auction.
+1 - the "Nobelist" so far.......far more than myself at giving them to PIFs and family.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I'll have my first brush and shave soap shave, and get to try a different type of double edge razor than my Parker 91R.

Also, what does PIF stand for?

Thank you.

Top Bottom