What's new

PIF: How Long to 3017 MdC?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Taking it better than I thought I would. Worked a 10 hour shift today and shared stories with current co-workers who were also McAllen Police Officers at one time. That helped a whole lot.
ShavingPanda this is for you sunshine.
AA9D45B2-D2C7-403A-A6DE-20B6E5586848.jpeg

martym

And the hits just keep on coming....
7E3A3C7B-FB6A-4F7F-8208-A1B1FB25BF48.jpeg

And there’s one of my co-workers from Customs in the hospital on a ventilator.

Last edited:
Marty, no words here...tough to read these articles, especially knowing the involved.

I appreciate the photo. I hope a couple moments of zen come to you during your shaves. I find a relaxing shave is good at reducing stress.

That said you've had yours. However, I admire your can-do attitude and always looking on the upside.

I know you love Tabac, tonight for you sir:
20200712_192152.jpg

martym

I stopped by McAllen P.D. this morning. They even have the officers’ personal vehicles there with their call signs.
2C32CC11-C5A0-433E-988A-FE9D23879727.jpeg
778E1206-1DF1-4E47-B35E-918EEA99229D.jpeg
47F7FBFE-DEB2-47E3-B27E-D56358B19D85.jpeg
01A5F369-89A5-4600-BA90-388A23764D62.jpeg
296F51F1-0378-4BC6-8D09-33D507B022EE.jpeg
97F3EBAD-44C8-4CF3-A0DA-5004D45F0889.jpeg
EC459EB9-3497-43C4-A33F-05AB7781291E.jpeg
0ED0980E-7B43-4DC2-9799-7F6B76A3564E.jpeg
4D1E7C24-FA0B-4FF3-9619-8A6FB28F4C9F.jpeg

While I was there at least 50 people stopped by to pay their respects. Quite a tribute.

martym

Marty, no words here...tough to read these articles, especially knowing the involved.

I appreciate the photo. I hope a couple moments of zen come to you during your shaves. I find a relaxing shave is good at reducing stress.

That said you've had yours. However, I admire your can-do attitude and always looking on the upside.

I know you love Tabac, tonight for you sir:
View attachment 1124929
When I started as a Police Officer at 21 I was wet behind the ears and knew nothing about life.
I didn’t know the horrible things that happen in the world.

During those 10 1/2 years at McAllen P.D. I learned that no matter how bad and cruddy I think my life gets there are those out there who have it much much worse.

Now I have 33+ years in law enforcement and my life is a walk in the park compared to others. We have been truly blessed.

On the memorial for McAllen P.D. there had been only 3 officers killed in the line of duty. The earliest and I share the same given 1st name (Federico).

I worked with Officer Suarez’ brother.

And Rey Lopez and I worked together. Rey was killed on July 10, 1993. 27 years and 1 day before McAllen lost its next two officers.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Taking it better than I thought I would. Worked a 10 hour shift today and shared stories with current co-workers who were also McAllen Police Officers at one time. That helped a whole lot.

Talking, telling stories, remembering the good times and even sharing a laugh is what healing is all about Marty. You have the eyes, ears and hearts of many, from all over the world. You're never alone, even in times of suffering. Your B&B brothers are always there for you.

martym

My U.S. Customs co-worker who has been in the hospital with Covid complications has just died.
My wife just called me. She is working 16 hours today.
They were just given the muster at work about his death.

I had just sent him a text this morning asking how he was doing and he replied that he was still in the hospital. A few hours later he’s dead.

Last edited:
My U.S. Customs co-worker who has been in the hospital with Covid complications has just died.
My wife just called me. She is working 16 hours today.
They were just given the muster at work about his death.

I had just sent him a text this morning asking how he was doing and he replied that he was still in the hospital. A few hours later he’s dead.

Yikes, sorry for your loss Marty, my condolences.

martym

Today is the viewing for both officers. It’s being held at the local convention center.
Last night a bad guy stole a pickup in McAllen. He rammed a McAllen Unit and then drove toward officers.
Bad guy at least made it to the hospital. No officers injured.
Rough week for law enforcement in our nation.

Yes it was. I don’t know why anyone would want to be a police officer these days. Seems like a thankless task. Constant abuse and not to mention the dangers.

martym

The shaves are great. The anticipation is mounting. Sometimes I just wanna call it!! But that wouldn’t be fair.
I am going to skip my shave in the morning. I am beat. I work 16 hours again tomorrow. That gives me 32 hours of overtime this week. I hate working that much overtime but it’s been necessary this week.

martym

4 line of duty deaths in less than 2 weeks and NOW a hurricane on top of us.

Marty, I've been thinking about you all day. On top of your personal trials and tribulations, you must deal with Hidalgo County's pandemic issues, and now the hurricane. Be safe, and keep the faith. Let me know if you need any shaving gear... I wish I could provide other help, support and assistance, but that's what I've got!

My 84 year-old dad is in Austin (where I went to college--Hook 'em Horns), and my brother is likely moving from Iowa to Houston for treatment at MD Anderson. I worry about them both, and their families. You're now the third Texan I'm worrying about.

Top Bottom