What's new

PIF: How Long to 3017 MdC?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Its hard to tell, the glass of the jar looks fairly thick but if I had to guess, 'almost', equates to half way there lol.

Only at Badger & Blade would this be happening. I would post the eating popcorn emoji...but the poor thing would be chomping down popcorn for another year at least.

:badger:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
index.jpg

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Thank y’all for bringing a smile to my face. I needed that today.

Yeah, I'm going to get slaughtered in the PIF. And I should know better. My first MdC, about four years old in Fougere (my favorite), is about 95% full. I should have guessed late 2021. Congrats to the last guy on the list!

Haha, I've now learned with these 3017 PIF threads that the proper strategy going forward is being like the ahol guy on The Price is Right.

What's the highest bid Bob?
Bob's reply: Two thousand
Bob, I bid two thousand and one.

Some rough math... Say the handle is about 30 mm tall and the soap use is to approximately half the handle height (15 mm). Over 9 months, that's a usage rate of about 1.67 mm/month. Assuming that the jar's height is 45 mm, it'll take over two years to use that jar! The 2021 guesses are looking good.

My mid-2020 guess isn't looking as good to me now. Perhaps I'll have to PIF you 30 mm brush a couple months before the day I picked :p

martym

What a wonderful shave this morning. I had created so much lather that I did an extra pass and still had enough left to lather my face while policing the area.

martym

Yes. It appears so. It seems that my brush is loading more with the same effort.

Some rough math... Say the handle is about 30 mm tall and the soap use is to approximately half the handle height (15 mm). Over 9 months, that's a usage rate of about 1.67 mm/month. Assuming that the jar's height is 45 mm, it'll take over two years to use that jar! The 2021 guesses are looking good.

My mid-2020 guess isn't looking as good to me now. Perhaps I'll have to PIF you 30 mm brush a couple months before the day I picked :p

I agree. I guessed September 29, 2020 and I'm already considering myself out as I'm probably off by a year. Not as scientific as you but from an earlier pick of the soap at eight months, if all other things stay the same, I'd suspect as a ball park guess, that there's probably two more years worth of soap in that jar.

For the average person a jar of MdC will last 8 months to a year. I took the small brush into consideration and went with a higher estimate. I never thought that three years would be the proper guess though.

Given the average age of a forum member here some of us might not be alive to see the end of this.
So I'll give you all a heads up. It's gonna come down to this...

December 11, 2021 ShavePastor
December 12, 2021 Neffarious

I see that Neffarious did The Price is Right thing and went one dollar over. In hindsight, very smart, but not a very nice thing to do to ShavePastor. Still, it could go either way here. I guess most of us will find out in a couple years.

martym

If it comes to that I’ll give them both a jar!
Just about to smoosh the soap into the center and post a pick.

Given the average age of a forum member here some of us might not be alive to see the end of this.
So I'll give you all a heads up. It's gonna come down to this...

December 11, 2021 ShavePastor
December 12, 2021 Neffarious

I see that Neffarious did The Price is Right thing and went one dollar over. In hindsight, very smart, but not a very nice thing to do to ShavePastor. Still, it could go either way here. I guess most of us will find out in a couple years.

@Neffarious lives up to his name with the Price is Right move :p

Tip of the iceberg Marty. I'm glad you're enjoying it (as we are too), if you weren't you'd be in for a time!

Haha, I've now learned with these 3017 PIF threads that the proper strategy going forward is being like the ahol guy on The Price is Right.

What's the highest bid Bob?
Bob's reply: Two thousand
Bob, I bid two thousand and one.
Yeah, being the guy who bids one dollar didn't work out for me in Sam's P160 PIF.

martym

I had a wonderful shave this morning!!!!
My wife and our youngest are ill, one of our nieces is staying with them, it’s my day off, and I am going in to work 16 hours of overtime.
HooRah!!!!
And my lovely wife dragged herself out of bed, cooked me breakfast, and packed me two meals with snacks for the day.
I suspect the money from these 2 overtime shifts is as good as spent!!

Actually she is a wonderful woman
Y’all stay safe today!
I’m gonna be out protecting our great nation’s Southern Border.

martym

I am in pain.
But I shaved this morning!!
I am off today and tomorrow.
Thankfully

It was mid 90’s all day with very high humidity. By 10am I was soaked from head to toe.

I worked all 16 overtime hours outside yesterday (0800-2400).

I kept thinking that I had forgotten something.

By 8pm I knew what it was that I had forgotten.

I forgot to apply friction defense/body glide.

I am paying for it this morning.

Raw

Bag balm overnight

Desitin this morning

Just thought I would share.

It was another great shave with MdC

Top Bottom