What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF horse brush - CONUS only please

For the ease of shipping this will be for continental US residents only (so sorry to everyone else).

This is an unused (no box) Vie-Long horse hair brush: "Vie-Long Peleon horse hair shaving brush with red handle".

The story/full disclosure:

I purchased the same brush recently from WCS, but the knot easily popped off after the first use. WCS sent me this replacement brush without me asking and I cannot say enough great things about my experience with their customer service in this instance. This morning I glued knot back in so I can use it going forward. The first use was excellent so I am looking forward to more shaves with it.

The brush I will send you is the replacement brush that I was sent. As stated above, it is unused, however...when I was handling it (just now) to take the attached picture its knot popped off! To be fair, I gently tugged it to test its durability. I've since glued that as well. So...you will receive an unused, but "fixed" brush.

I will run this through next Wednesday 4/13/2022 at midnight. This marks our baby's 8 week "birthday"

Selection:

I will give each respondent expressing interest a number in the order posted and use Google's random number generator to choose the recipient.

*This is my first PIF so please let me know if I've made any missteps.

Cheers!
Vie-long brush.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Man..... I'm in. I hate to do this to the rest of you, but I've never used a horse hair brush to shave with. Wait a minute. Brother @BRC : does this thing just flop? Any backbone? If not I'm out. Someone who would appreciate it needs it much more than I my friend.

Reactions: Kix
Man..... I'm in. I hate to do this to the rest of you, but I've never used a horse hair brush to shave with. Wait a minute. Brother @BRC : does this thing just flop? Any backbone? If not I'm out. Someone who would appreciate it needs it much more than I my friend
I will say this, it definitely has backbone. It was surprisingly scrubby and had no problem lathering from a hard soap. I was very impressed. It is soft and flexible when brushing, but provides some resistance when pressing straight on to the face.

HOWEVER, I do not have much to compare it to and am still trying to find out what my preference in brushes is.

I would love to hear what others with more brush experience have to say.

Not in as I've got a couple of horse hairs in the stable already. I find they've got decent backbone, generally more than badgers of the same loft.

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom