What's new

PIF Here ?

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I am going to pick a couple winners on Sunday Evening,
I will do it again sometime next week too.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Check the stubbie (beer bottle) in that pic. Haven't seen those around for a good many year.

This is a great PIF, Steve, but I am not in as I already enjoy some of your handiwork. The horsie you made for me in late 2017 and my B&B Omega Essential boar split morning duty for the most part between them.

However, words of advice that I would give to a young me:
Listen up, Sam, and pay heed. I know you think you're a smart cookie but have a little patience and listen more than you speak. If business runs a certain way and has been for years, there's probably a good reason why they do things the way they do. Watch and learn for six months before you offer suggestions of improvement.

When dealing with people, you have no idea what is happening in their personal lives, so try to understand them and offer an ear to listen when you can. A little kindness goes a long way.​

Last edited:

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Check the stubbie (beer bottle) in that pic. Haven't seen those around for a good many year.

This is a great PIF, Steve, but I am not in as I already enjoy some of your handiwork. The horsie your made for me in late 2017 and B&B Omega Essential boar split morning duty for the most part between them.

However, words of advice that I would give to a young me:
Listen up, Sam, and pay heed. I know you think you're a smart cookie but have a little patience and listen more than you speak. If business runs a certain way and has been for years, there's probably a good reason why they do things the way they do. Watch and learn for six months before you offer suggestions of improvement.

When dealing with people, you have no idea what is happening in their personal lives, so try to understand them and offer an ear to listen when you can. A little kindness goes a long way.​
:a26:OH Canada , LaBatt Blue I believe :)

When I was a very Young Man of 17 :)
My Brother-in law Dave took Me on a Fishing trip up into the Canadian wilderness
Wow ,talk about stars . It is something Dave and I always talked about going back .
Sadly We never did .

A Shame you didn't. I'm sure the sky was wonderful!

Check the stubbie (beer bottle) in that pic.

Hmm, Canada must have younger drinking ages :)

One of the best things about losing power in NETX is on a clear night you see it all

Only if your well outside DFW. When on maneuvers in White Sands, way back when, Wow! Stars Galore, and a milky stream, pouring across the sky.

Great PIF, those are some stunning handles. :) I'd like to be in.

My 20 year old self doesn't feel too long ago, but was 14 years ago to be precise. At 20, I was in technology school living a Province over from my family having a great time.

Besides telling myself to start wet shaving sooner, I'd probably just say a few things.
1. Travel more. When I was 17 or 18, one of my brothers moved to Australia for a year. I wanted to go visit but was a bit scared of travelling (I know not to be now) and I really wanted a Mustang. I bought the Mustang (loved that car and had it for over 10 years) but ... I realize now that I can buy a Mustang now but with a job and family, harder to go to Australia for a month.
2. Enjoy where I grew up. I grew up on an island on west coast Canada and lived across a road from my grandparents. I always knew I was lucky growing up there, summers consisted of fishing, hiking, and doing lots of outdoor stuff. Living across the road from grandparents was great but I miss weekly games of crib with Grandpa.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
great pif, i’m in too

About 10 years ago I moved to a place where you can see the stars in the sky pretty clearly. So when i get a chance to look up on a great night and catch the constellations I am always thinking back to 20 years ago when I just moved to a pretty distant island for a couple years where the views were amazing (for work/not a missionary) everyday was filled with new things and people. I met some phenomenal people and built wonderful relationships. I dont wish I had done anything differently, i just wonder how my life would have turned out if i had stayed in the states.

@global_dev You will get first choice

I’m in.
If I were to speak to myself , stop I wouldn’t speak to myself- I’d put my younger self in a headlock and wrench my younger neck trying to instil the value of doing well in school. I’m tired of my body feeling old from doing physically demanding jobs all my life just because I didn’t want to put the time into studying.

@Yoteboy , You get second pick .

Beautiful work, Graydog.

@cw62803 You will have 3rd pick

Congrats to the Three of You ! I will send you a PM with a picture and you can pick from there .
I did enjoy reading everyone's posts Thanks to all .
I will do another PIF soon like I said I have some more to give away.

So yesterday Young Graydog would have told Me during a high wind storm when you go outside and look up into the Big Maple be careful not to step off the deck while you are having a cup of coffee you will spill your coffee all over yourself and break your favorite cup :)

Top Bottom