PIF Here ?

Discussion in 'Brush Making and Restorations' started by Graydog, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Graydog

Graydog Contributor

I am going to pick a couple winners on Sunday Evening,
    I will do it again sometime next week too.

2. rockviper

rockviper Moderator Emeritus

Check the stubbie (beer bottle) in that pic. Haven't seen those around for a good many year.

This is a great PIF, Steve, but I am not in as I already enjoy some of your handiwork. The horsie you made for me in late 2017 and my B&B Omega Essential boar split morning duty for the most part between them.

However, words of advice that I would give to a young me:
    Listen up, Sam, and pay heed. I know you think you're a smart cookie but have a little patience and listen more than you speak. If business runs a certain way and has been for years, there's probably a good reason why they do things the way they do. Watch and learn for six months before you offer suggestions of improvement.

When dealing with people, you have no idea what is happening in their personal lives, so try to understand them and offer an ear to listen when you can. A little kindness goes a long way.​

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  3. Graydog

Graydog Contributor

:a26:OH Canada , LaBatt Blue I believe :)

4. REV579

REV579 Contributor

One of the best things about losing power in NETX is on a clear night you see it all.

5. A Shame you didn't. I'm sure the sky was wonderful!

Hmm, Canada must have younger drinking ages :)

Only if your well outside DFW. When on maneuvers in White Sands, way back when, Wow! Stars Galore, and a milky stream, pouring across the sky.

6. Great PIF, those are some stunning handles. :) I'd like to be in.

My 20 year old self doesn't feel too long ago, but was 14 years ago to be precise. At 20, I was in technology school living a Province over from my family having a great time.

Besides telling myself to start wet shaving sooner, I'd probably just say a few things.
    1. Travel more. When I was 17 or 18, one of my brothers moved to Australia for a year. I wanted to go visit but was a bit scared of travelling (I know not to be now) and I really wanted a Mustang. I bought the Mustang (loved that car and had it for over 10 years) but ... I realize now that I can buy a Mustang now but with a job and family, harder to go to Australia for a month.
    2. Enjoy where I grew up. I grew up on an island on west coast Canada and lived across a road from my grandparents. I always knew I was lucky growing up there, summers consisted of fishing, hiking, and doing lots of outdoor stuff. Living across the road from grandparents was great but I miss weekly games of crib with Grandpa.

7. That is a really epic display! Thanks for sharing.

I remember starting out reading EZ Reader spiderman comics. I have tried to find them for my son with little luck.
    I think a wall papering like that may be in our future soon though...

8. Graydog

Graydog Contributor

@global_dev You will get first choice

@Yoteboy , You get second pick .

@cw62803 You will have 3rd pick

Congrats to the Three of You ! I will send you a PM with a picture and you can pick from there .
    I did enjoy reading everyone's posts Thanks to all .
    I will do another PIF soon like I said I have some more to give away.

So yesterday Young Graydog would have told Me during a high wind storm when you go outside and look up into the Big Maple be careful not to step off the deck while you are having a cup of coffee you will spill your coffee all over yourself and break your favorite cup :)

9. mrlandpirate

mrlandpirate Contributor

congratulations to the winners
    great shaves to you

10. Congrats to the Winners.!

11. Very generous and congrats to the winners!

12. Another wonderful PIF. Congrats to those who won.

13. Congrats guys! And thanks for the opportunity @Graydog!

14. REV579

REV579 Contributor

Outstanding! Congratulations and kudos to @Graydog

15. rockviper

rockviper Moderator Emeritus

@Graydog a broken cup is no good, whether for coffee or when playing hockey

16. Thanks for a great PIF Greydog, and congrats to the winners!

17. Congrats everyone! :)

18. Congratulations to the winners and thank you @Graydog. Your work is amazing and very inspiring.
    I also enjoyed reading everyone's responses.

I'd rather break a coffee cup than the one for hockey.

19. Excellent PIF Graydog!
    Congrats people!

I was thinking the exact same thing!

20. Congratulations and thanks again for this amazing PIF.