What's new

PIF: Gold Dollar 66, Stock/Unmodified, Shave Ready, Cracked Scale

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Up for grabs is this unmodified GD66, Method honed. One scale is cracked at the pivot but is so far still holding together. First time I have ever seen a GD66 scale crack. They are ugly but tough. This PIF is open to established straight shavers and also newbies with at least 20 posts on the forum, provided they have a hanging leather strop and post a pic of it. It will need to be rescaled sooner or later and I am not going to bother with rescaling a $4 razor. Could be the ideal first razor. If you are new or aspiring to straight shaving, show your strop so I know you are serious, so the money I spend on shipping is not just wasted. CONUS only, please.

If you want in, clearly state "I'm IN!" and if you are a beginner, post a pic of your strop. Winner should feel free to re-PIF or pass around if he so chooses, and to modify, or repair, or not, as he sees fit. Winner will be randomly selected a week from today.

I'm in. Have been honing a while and of course possess leather and linen strips along with a progression of stones and films..

Heres a pic of one of my strops. I have more
20191207_121733.jpg

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I just didn't want to pay postage to give the razor to someone who wouldn't even use it.

I just didn't want to pay postage to give the razor to someone who wouldn't even use it.
I understand not wanting it to go to someone who wouldn't use it. I have wanted to get one of the GD razors and i think i even have a set of scales i can put on it and replace the damaged ones. i hope I get it.

I would like to be in. I’ve been using straight razors and doing my own honing for 5 years now. I love SRs and would be very happy with a GD 66.

Here is one of my strops.

image.jpg

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I am in. Curious trying a razor honed by the method.

Strops I have:)

View attachment 1041689
One might almost believe that you like barber ends. LOL! As for trying a Method edge, due to the very obtuse bevel angle, this edge will not represent the finest edge that The Method can give. It will shave nicely, though.

I understand not wanting it to go to someone who wouldn't use it. I have wanted to get one of the GD razors and i think i even have a set of scales i can put on it and replace the damaged ones. i hope I get it.
Perfect razor to practice your pinning!

Okay you are all IN!

One might almost believe that you like barber ends. LOL! As for trying a Method edge, due to the very obtuse bevel angle, this edge will not represent the finest edge that The Method can give. It will shave nicely, though.

Perfect razor to practice your pinning!

Okay you are all IN!

I love barber end strops as well. The only strop I have that has D ring is the tony Miller steerdovan.

I'm in. Dont have a picture of strop, but I have a tony miller in box. Wife wont let me use till christmas

Attachments

• 20191207_113025.jpg
    20191207_113025.jpg
    820.4 KB · Views: 6

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Just a bump and a reminder that I will close this PIF out tomorrow and randomly select the winner, along with the Red Deer PIF. Qualified Badgers wanting to try a nice sharp GD66, get your name in the hat! Do remember that sooner or later, probably sooner, you will want to rescale.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Okay last chance on the Gold Dollar! I will go to random.org in an hour and let random atmospheric noise algorithms select the winner. The following members are "IN:
jaro 101969
Suhrim21
alex1921
Jim99
Carmo

Get your name in, if you are qualified!

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
PIF is now closed. And the winner, courtesy of random.org, is Carmo.

@Carmo, please PM me your shipping info and I will get this out and on the way sometime in the next couple of days. Congratulations!

Top Bottom