What's new

+++ PIF +++ GEM Push-Button

Feeling inspired by Dave in KY, I want to give back. Looking for a DE shaver, who'd like to give the SE World a try. Hence posting in the DE Forum.

Up for grabs is a GEM Push-Button SE in nice shape, she's been cleaned, soaked in Barbacide, and is shave ready. Winner will also receive a supply of blades with it. Open to any forum member in CONUS.

To enter, type "I'm In", and tell us a laugh with something from your journey into wet shaving.. ..maybe it's a picture of a razor with a funny caption, or just something funny that happened. Feel free to be creative, the biggest chuckle wins. Winner to be announced Saturday, or if I fall out of my chair laughing, which ever comes first.

I originally planned to sell her, but never really got around to listing on the auction site, and decided to give back to the forum instead.

Attachments

• IMG_20171119_115815.jpg
    IMG_20171119_115815.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20171119_115706.jpg
    IMG_20171119_115706.jpg
    968.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20171119_115848.jpg
    IMG_20171119_115848.jpg
    871.5 KB · Views: 62
Love the Gem Micromatic Bullet tip I have! I would like to delve more into the SE world myself, but I'm gonna sit this one out.
Cool PIF & generous! Not in.

I'm in.

During a passaround box there was a bottle of shave oil. Thinking it was something to replace soap, I applied it and started to shave ...... not the smoothest shave I had.:001_rolle

GREAT PIF! I just shaved with mine for the first time a couple hours ago and it is seriously one of the most enjoyable shaves I've ever experienced! I think I like it more than my 1912. This razor is going to make someone very very happy. Not in obviously but very generous indeed.

Great PIF! I don’t have an SE, but would love to try one, I’m in!

I am new to DE shaving and have been fighting off the various acquisition disorders. It’s easy to get carried away with purchases and the whole “DE shaving is cheaper” pitch can go out the window real quick.

However, I have PIF’d complete setups to both of my wife’s adult sons. Since doing that we have not heard back from them. I’ll txt every once and again, and just get crickets.

As kids do, they mostly call when they need/want something, usually cash. After those PIFs we really are saving a fortune.

Maybe I should have the Mrs check Facebook and see if they have suffered some sort of facial trama or something.

:shaving:
Na!

Great PIF! I don’t have an SE, but would love to try one, I’m in!

I am new to DE shaving and have been fighting off the various acquisition disorders. It’s easy to get carried away with purchases and the whole “DE shaving is cheaper” pitch can go out the window real quick.

However, I have PIF’d complete setups to both of my wife’s adult sons. Since doing that we have not heard back from them. I’ll txt every once and again, and just get crickets.

As kids do, they mostly call when they need/want something, usually cash. After those PIFs we really are saving a fortune.

Maybe I should have the Mrs check Facebook and see if they have suffered some sort of facial trama or something.

:shaving:
Or their local pawnshops

Have one myself and even though I don't reach for my SE's too often, it is one of my favorites.

Not in.

Sent from my SM-S978L using Tapatalk

I'm in. Brand new to this world. Well, a few weeks in at this point, but there is no going back.

No truly funny stories yet, other than that I am happy to be alive despite realizing post-shave a few days ago that my sole Merkur's end knob had loosened up and I hadn't realized it. So here I am shaving at my normal speed. Thought it felt a little strange, then realized how loose it was. fortunate that blade didn't decide to end me right there.
:001_unsur

Great PIF, by the way.

I think the razor goes to Milkcrate guys, I like adult kids not calling..... My wife has a couple of adult kids, wonder if it would work with her daughter! :clown:

Send me a PM with your address, and I'll mail it on Monday. - Congrats Milkcrate.

Top Bottom