What's new

PIF - Fresh Roast Coffee - U pick - I Roast 4 U

I see that at least some of your coffee is from Sweet Maria's is it all from them? I ask as this is where I get the Lions Share of my green beans (Love the cupping notes, Tom is the man).

I had to go down to the bean stash to look but only 2 bags of the Decaf coffees are from Sweet Maria's. The rest are from other sources. Rather surprised at this as I thought at least 1/3 would have been from them.

BTW:

SWP on the decaf means Swiss Water Process decaffeination

http://www.swisswater.com/our-process/

I honestly cannot tell the difference in taste between SWP decaffeinated and natural or wet processed coffee once roasted and brewed

Nice SF roaster. I guess there is no use posting my BBQ roaster drum now. :lol: Where are you buying your beans from ?

PLEASE post your BBQ drum roaster and talk about your roasts in the Cafe. The more who participate the more everyone learns and wants to participate.

I source my green coffee from:

Local artisan roasting houses (two of them here in town)
Sweet Maria's (online)
Happy Mug (online)
Theta Ridge (online)
Green Coffee Buying Club (online)

And now thanks to a B&B member post in this PIF, Rusty's in Hawaii (no order from them yet but I will)

I do not stick with one source. I pick and choose based on what is in supply with those I have dealt with. When I start to run low on one type, I start looking to see who has something that I would want to have around for a few months and purchase.

I always try to source locally first as I want both of the local roasting houses here in town to do well but when they do not have what I am looking for I go out and see what is available.

I read the cupping reports on the various coffees and base my choice on what others (experts I hope) are saying about a crop.

I try to keep my purchases to micro lots from individual farms (very difficult to do) or co-operatives in the region I want. This is hard with Kenya and Colombian as the government pretty much runs the coffee production but they are VERY serious about the quality so I always get good product..

I'm in!
thumbup1.gif

Costa Rica - La Minita

You did mean
La Minita, instead of La Minta right?

Yea... I grabbed the bags and tried to balance them and type on the lappy which was perched on a wobbly box.

there may be a few misspellings but for the most part they should be spel'd close enough to understand :yesnod:

Last edited:
Very Generous. I have never had home roasted coffee. I don't want you to have to pay international shipping though so not in. Great Idea though. I look forward to reading the report from the winner!

Wow! Your set-up looks awesome and this is a very nice offer. Please count me in for whichever bean you think I should try. I would LOVE the opportunity.

I'm in! I'll need to consult with the better half if I win to pick one. Also... amazing equipment! Not only functional, but beautiful.

A very generous PIF indeed! I'm in for the Jamaican Blue Mountain. Oh wait, that's not on the list.
Please recommend whatever would get me closest to Jamaican Blue Mountain as that is my favorite coffee that I've ever had.

Last edited:
i'm in! Since I'm traveling to Costa Rica in the fall (and plan a coffee plantation visit), I'd love to try some of their coffee before I go.

This is one of the most amazing PIFs I've seen! Thanks for your generosity - I'm in!
I'd love to try the India - Shevaroy Superior . I've tried Monsooned Malabar and think it's wonderfully earthy and unique.
Any thoughts on how the Shevaroy compares to the Monsoon Malabar?

I'm in, the next best thing i can hope for after a coffee at Mick's place! I have an niece adopted from Ethiopia so i'd pick the Ethiopian
Harrar.

Thanks for the opportunity and your generosity!

dave

I am in, truly genereous offer!

My pick is

Sulawesi - Sapan Minagua

It would really helped if you edit your first post or publish a new one, with short description of 'character' of each coffee you've listed.

Wow, Mick. I tried to not enter, but I am weak. I would go with the Ethiopia - Yirgacheffe Kochere (washed).

Great PIF! I need to get my fluid roaster back on line. Let's see it is either the Monsooned Malabar or the Ethiopia Yirgacheffe, I guess I will go with the Ethiopian!

Top Bottom