What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF / Free stones (Aus)

Not necessarily razor related I'm afraid, but I have a load of old SiC / Carborundum stones that have come as part of job lots. Some coarser, some finer, some combis, some funny shapes.

Silicon Carbide stones are very hard-wearing and incredibly good at what they're intended for - heavier duty stuff, tool sharpening, repairs and chip removal on knives, or sharpening western kitchen knives; Wusthofs, Sabatiers and similar. Also Globals, which are a feckin nightmare to sharpen on synthetic Japanese waterstones. Or as flattening stones, though they’re not necessarily completely flat atm, so you'd have to do that first.

These are originally oilstones though I have given them a bit of a clean, so could be used with water if you prefer.

I use one quite a lot and will probably keep a couple, but don't need a billion of them. So one or more: free for the cost of shipping. Ping a message if anyone's interested.

IMG-2056.jpg

And a little example of why they're actually a very good thing to have about: http://instagr.am/p/COTEm4cLvFB/

Last edited:
Thank you Sir. Very generous PIF. May I have proper for SR honing as you may choose. Thank you very much in advance.

SM-G965F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Thank you Sir. Very generous PIF. May I have proper for SR honing as you may choose. Thank you very much in advance.

Are any fine enough to use as a finisher for a straight ? I have no finisher stone

Hi guys. Sorry... I don't get notifications when someone replies to a thread, so missed these responses. (I need to play around with my settings I think!)

Umm... basically these aren't really SR hones. Even the 'fine' ones are far too coarse. They'd be for tools, for coarser work on kitchen knives, or for flattening other stones.

Anyone is welcome to one or more of them if they'd like, but don't go putting a razor on them!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
If still available, I would be interested in a couple of then to use in knife sharpening. The knives to be sharpened are nothing special, just stainless steel types from Woolies.

I'll let you choose, one for sharpening and a finer one for finishing.

Top Bottom