What's new

PIF for the Veterans. This will be a quick one.

I know Veteran's day was yesterday... I had planned on doing this for some time, and wouldn't you know it, life went and got in the way... Apologies for my tardiness.

Here's what I would like to do: I've got a Super Speed flare tip, or a Micromatic OC (winner's choice), that I would like to give to one of our Foxhole club members. I'm at work now, but either tonight or tomorrow morning, I will post up pictures of the razors.

Simple process:
1. Be a member of the Foxhole Shavers Club
2. Post that you're in

Super-extra bonus thing that has no effect on winning (but everybody likes a story):
3. Tell me what branch you were in, and one good memory of your service.

That's it.

I will also post this in the SE Razors section, and also the Blades section, but THIS IS THE OFFICIAL THREAD TO POST THAT YOU'RE "IN". I will also note this in the other threads.
Tomorrow night (Nov. 13) I will have one of my daughters randomly pick a number, and I will reach out to the winner and get their shipping info. Good luck to all!

Thank you folks for your service, I appreciate it.

OK, pics incoming.
Both are well-loved, but neither has any issues. The Super Speed was my first vintage. I just shaved with it last week, as a matter of fact.
The Micromatic was my introduction to SE razors. It's definitely more aggressive than the SS.

Hope these are OK, I've never been accused of being a photographer:
IMG_20171112_200522.jpg

IMG_20171112_200542.jpg

I am tempted! But not in.
Engineroom Supervisor, USS Kilauea, '76 to '80. Favorite memories of WestPac were not strictly speaking legal, so probably shouldn't be repeated here.

Awesome! I’m in, been wet shaving for a few months—still New. I did 23 years in the Air Force. I have many fond memories, staging out of Christchurch NZ and flying down to Antarctica, that was epic but not my best.

IMO, my best was during an exercise in South Korea—Osan Air Base. I was the lead engine troop on A-10’s. During our aircraft generation and launch. I had three engines related issues on three different aircraft at the same time that would prevent those planes from launching. I worked feverishly and fixed all three in under 30 min. We generated and launched 24 of 24 aircraft, that’s huge and got commands attention. I got a Air Force Commendation Medal for that, my first. Work hard, play hard.
proxy.php

Last edited:
I'm not in - not a member of FSC, and I already have each of these razors, but this is such an awesome thing to do. I served in the USAF, 1988-1992, as a C-130 crew chief at Pope Air Force Base (now - Pope Army Air Field).

I don't have a single best memory, but all my favorite memories involve my best friend back then, Norm. We would hang out, drink beer, and play our guitars most of the time. He worked down in the -21 unit, maintaining the cargo release systems and interior configurations, so we didn't see much of each other during the day. His roommate, Bob, was such a super guy - always had a kind word to say, and was always there to listen when you needed an ear. He got to playing guitar with us a lot, too. I lost track of these guys after I got out, and just earlier this year, Norm found my wife on Facebook, and we've re-established contact. Bob, just passed away recently from cancer, and this has hit Norm pretty bad. I hope Norm can find peace with the fact that Bob is in a better place, and is much better off than the rest of us.

Anyway, excellent PIF! May the winner enjoy his razor in good health!!

I'm in! Generous PIF.

5 1/2 years in the Army and counting. I'd have to say my deployment to Afghanistan was my favorite time in the Army so far. Not sure if anyone else can relate to this, but it's kind of strange to me. When I was there all I wanted to do was come home. Shortly after getting home I realized how many cool and unique experiences I had there and appreciated it more. Anyhow. I'm in!

Nice, I'm liking the stories, gents.

It's 15:44 where I am, I'll select a winner sometime between 20:00 and 21:00 this evening. Good luck!

Right on.

My friends, this PIF is now closed. Please give me a few moments to handle the business.

Well, I've tabulated all the entries, and double-checked my results, and sat down and enjoyed a cocktail... wondered around aimlessly for a little bit... what was I saying?
Oh.
I've got a nice Tech that I'll throw in to round out the prizes. This makes a Super Speed, an MMOC, and a Tech. I can't see not sharing something with everybody that entered.
@Shivermetimbers your post was what my daughter technically picked, so you pick first which one you'd like and message me with the details.

@TURTLExDOC and @ED3054 I'll reach out to you afterwards and sort out the details.

Thanks to @Tokyospike and @tipster_621 for commenting.

Shivermetimbers has reached out to me. Once that's sorted, I'll move on to the other two gents. Thanks, guys!

Top Bottom