What's new

PIF for Newbies

I'm in!!! But not for me. I have a convert that went out and got a VDH (weishi) razor on his own so I gave him some blades and a stick of Arko and one of Palmolive.
If I win I will be giving the setup to him as I am not a newbie.

Looking at the pictures, I do apologize for how dark they are. I couldn't get the lighting right and I had to take them with my iPhone. I hope everyone can see them okay; the blades are an Astra, Voskhod, Super-Max Platinum, and Feather. The four kinds I started with and the four that I think give a good sampler of the different blade personalities out there.

Im in. Im stationed out here with BoRSox in our deployed locations. Wet shaving is taking over many guys morning routines and more people want to try it out. If I win I will be passing it on to one of our deployed members. thank you for the opportunity to win.
Thank you all for your service.

I'm in. I've been wet shaving for about a month, but I think this set up would be great for my girlfriend's little brother. Thanks.

Alright guys, the winner as determined by random.org is post #15, J---! Congratulations. It will be mailed out today.

Sorry guys, the reason the thread was bumped was because I announced the winner, J---. The PIF is now closed. However, I've got so much extra stuff lying around I think I might do another one in the near future, so stay tuned. Congrats to the winner!

I just received the box today! Everything is in good shape. Haven't tried anything out yet, but will on tonight's shave. Several extra soaps, a Gillette travel razor, extra after shaves and more blades than I was expecting. Thank you again and an extra thank you for all the extras you threw in here. It made my first PIF experience extra nice. Now have to ponder what combination to use tonight. I'm thinking the Merkur 34 with the badger and the soft lime soap and top it off with the Alqua Vera.

I just received the box today! Everything is in good shape. Haven't tried anything out yet, but will on tonight's shave. Several extra soaps, a Gillette travel razor, extra after shaves and more blades than I was expecting. Thank you again and an extra thank you for all the extras you threw in here. It made my first PIF experience extra nice. Now have to ponder what combination to use tonight. I'm thinking the Merkur 34 with the badger and the soft lime soap and top it off with the Alqua Vera.
Glad to hear it arrived safely. Just wanted to give the winner a small variety of stuff to try out beyond what was in the initial post. I apologize that the Aqua Velva probably smells like bay rum because the only container I had was an empty bottle of Pinaud VIBR and no matter how much water and rubbing alcohol I sloshed around in there, the scent wouldn't dissipate. So what you got might not be Aqua Velva in its truest form. However, a full bottle is about $3 at most drugstores so you shouldn't have a hard time finding it. It's a classic. Enjoy the Shannon's Lemongrass soap if that's what you mentioned for tonight. That was actually one that was PIF'd to me from someone else, so you're the third in line, and I loved the slickness but the scent was really overwhelming to me and gave me a headache so I wanted someone else to try it who might be able to rein it in, so to speak. Finally, as for the extra blades, Astras are the smoothest you can get. They'll always have a spot in my shave den. To make a long story short, I'm glad you like the stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom