What's new

PIF for new B&B members new to wet shaving

Thanks for the generosity, Hedley. And a good, tough contest.

Here's my guess.

1. France
2. USA
3. Netherlands
4. Vietnam
5. Myanmar (Burma)
6. Morocco

And so we have a winner! Congrats @ftrez!

1. The Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
2. The Gateway Arch in St. Louis, MO USA
3. The giant pig in the park behind the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
4. Ha Long Bay in Vietnam (this was by far the toughest as it can resemble other land formations)
5. Inle Lake, Myanmar (formerly Burma)
6. Hassan II Mosque in Casablanca, Morocco

There were a couple of underlying curiosities/themes/clues running through the pictorial quiz.

1. The height of the Eiffel tower, Hassan II minaret and the Gateway Arch. When I was recently traveling in Morocco and Paris, I would have sworn the Arch was taller than both the Eiffel Tower and the Hassan II minaret (2nd largest in the world). Looks can be deceiving. The Eiffel Tower 1063 ft, the Hassan II minaret 690 ft and the Gateway Arch 630 ft (the Arch is also 630 ft wide).

2. I dropped hints in the original post, 1 being the Burma brush and 2 being the hemoroide cream from Marrakesh (Morocco), 3 the banner in the image of the pig hinting the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam and 4 the banner on the stilted building with the Myanmar Beer logo.

3. The last hint was my last post and was not a typo. I asked "ha long" it would be before someone would get the right answers. Ha Long Bay is one of many land formations that have these amazing limestone karsts. Pictures do not do it justice. If you ever visit Vietnam, take 3 days to sail around the bay and take it all in. You will never forget the experience (avoid monsoon season)

In parting, even if you just travel across your city, state, province, country etc, get out and travel, meet people and embrace other cultures. It is one of the greatest rewards of life.

@ftrez, I will send you a PM shortly.

Woohoo! Thanks, Hedley!!!

Here's how I did it:
#s 1 & 2 I knew for sure.
#3 I had to google the museum for confirmation.
#4 I scrubbed the posts and noticed the "ha long" in place of "how long". A quick Google image search of Ha Long led me to Ha Long Bay and an image search provided a matching seascape.
#5 I zoomed in on the picture and, while I couldn't find anything on Shwe Yaung Inn, I did see what looked like "Mayanmar" on the sign.
#6 The hemorrhoid cream and a confirming Google image search.

Thanks for the generous giveaway, Hedley. My wife isn't much of a traveler but I'm working on her. Hopefully, we'll get to see some of these sights though I doubt our photography skills can match yours.

Woohoo! Thanks, Hedley!!!

Here's how I did it:
#s 1 & 2 I knew for sure.
#3 I had to google the museum for confirmation.
#4 I scrubbed the posts and noticed the "ha long" in place of "how long". A quick Google image search of Ha Long led me to Ha Long Bay and an image search provided a matching seascape.
#5 I zoomed in on the picture and, while I couldn't find anything on Shwe Yaung Inn, I did see what looked like "Mayanmar" on the sign.
#6 The hemorrhoid cream and a confirming Google image search.

Thanks for the generous giveaway, Hedley. My wife isn't much of a traveler but I'm working on her. Hopefully, we'll get to see some of these sights though I doubt our photography skills can match yours.

Package going out today via USPS. Enjoy and congrats again. Nicely done!

Just got home from work to find a package from It’s Hedley and want to publicly thank him for his generosity. There truly was hemorrhoid cream in there (there’s gotta be a story behind hemorrhoid cream from Marrakesh). I’m looking forward to using everything (well almost everything). Thanks again!

I spent three weeks traveling with my wife to Morocco, Paris and Amsterdam this summer, which is why three of the six pictures included in the quiz were from these three destinations.

The hemorrhoid cream was acquired at an herb shop in Marrakesh. This shop had potions, lotions, remedies, herbs and spices to cure any ailment ever afflicted on man. The hemorrhoid cream was touted as also working on the bags under your eyes and when my wife heard this she had to have it. We were sitting with another 30 people in this room when my wife shouted she had to have the cream and immediately every woman in the place also had to have this cream for their eyes. It was something to see. Needless to say, my wife got home, tried it once and gave it to me. Fortunately, I didn't need it either. May you never need the cream, but if you do...

Many happy shaves!

Top Bottom