What's new

PIF Fatip Classic Grande Open Comb

Somehow I ended up with two of these. Not a showpiece, could stand to be polished up, but will provide a solid shave. To participate post "I'm in" and respond to. "It ain't much but it's home". Winner will be selected by Sunday night. PIF includes shipping.

Attachments

• 2020_Jun_05_0131_LR.JPG
    2020_Jun_05_0131_LR.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 43

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm obviously not in my friend. You are going to become a minimalist if you ain't careful!

Somehow I ended up with two of these. Not a showpiece, could stand to be polished up, but will provide a solid shave. To participate post "I'm in" and respond to. "It ain't much but it's home". Winner will be selected by Sunday night. PIF includes shipping.
Wow, what a great PIF! And very timely for me because I just tried to buy a Fatip Grande on Italian Barber, but every model was sold out.

So, I'm in!

"It ain't much but it's home".
Maybe telling a story is inappropriate in a thread like this but... Every time I hear that saying, it reminds me of the torn up, leaky canvas tent that I lived in with 3 other guys when we were dragooned to fight forest fires back in the '80s. We'd complain bitterly about that tent, but one guy never said a word. I said "Aren't you sick of this $#&%ing hellhole?!" and he just looked at me and said "Sure, it ain't much. But it's home."

Turns out that he had been homeless before he joined the Wildfire Service and having shelter and three squares a day was like winning the lottery. I never took such things for granted ever again!

Wow, what a great PIF! And very timely for me because I just tried to buy a Fatip Grande on Italian Barber, but every model was sold out.

So, I'm in!

Maybe telling a story is inappropriate in a thread like this but... Every time I hear that saying, it reminds me of the torn up, leaky canvas tent that I lived in with 3 other guys when we were dragooned to fight forest fires back in the '80s. We'd complain bitterly about that tent, but one guy never said a word. I said "Aren't you sick of this $#&%ing hellhole?!" and he just looked at me and said "Sure, it ain't much. But it's home."

Turns out that he had been homeless before he joined the Wildfire Service and having shelter and three squares a day was like winning the lottery. I never took such things for granted ever again!

Actually... the story is the thing. "I'm in" AND... respond to "It ain't much but it's home". Well done.

I’m in. Never tried a fatip before. Heard a lot of good things.

About ten years ago, I was recovering from a divorce where I lost everything, and I had moved in with my dad. Then he lost his house to foreclosure and moved pretty far away. I had met a lovely young lady (now my wonderful wife) and wasn’t about to move away from her, but I wasn’t going to move in with her either, as we’re both devout Christians. Thankfully, a wonderful couple from our church had a nicely appointed cab-over truck camper on jacks in their front yard, and invited me to stay there until the wedding. It was small, but cozy and homey. I actually have great memories of living there.

This is a wonderful PIF, but I'm sorry; I'm not in. I already have a 2009 Muehl R 89 (which is a Fatip Grande), and I am humiliated to confess that I have no story that starts out, "It ain't much..." The winner, however, will wind up with a really great razor.

Tom

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m not a man that has ever been materialistic. So when I think of “It ain’t much but it’s home” I think of a house thats in the middle of nowhere of a bunch of land that has everything thing you need.
IMG_20200325_170633269_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200509_105449913.jpg
IMG_20191019_114827684_HDR.jpg

I often think about how blessed I am. A few of my wife's feathered friends following me, a friend making my garden bigger because I am stupid in thinking I want to put up more food this coming Fall, and the priceless view out back that I really never appreciated when I was able-bodied.

When the Lord wants your attention, give it, lol. Or He will put you in a position where you have to give it.

Truly, how did I not make time to look out my window and see His handiwork?

So yes, it ain't much, but it's paid off, and I'm trying to be a better Steward.

Respectfully, not in, as I recently acquired a Fatip SE.

Also I don't have as good a story as I've been reading here.

The closest I can come up with was our first apartment back in '71. It didn't have central heating, just a big old natural gas space heater in the living room. Every now and then, the pilot would decide (seemingly randomly) it needed a rest, and would turn itself way down, so unburnt gas would build up until there was enough to reach the subdued pilot light. Then BOOM, and it would blow the top off the heater, and blow out the pilot, thus engaging the safety interlocks for the gas flow. We got used to it, but it scared the living scat out of my sister-in-law and her husband when they visited us. It wasn't much, but it was home.

I'm in.
Have been eyeing up the Fatip's for a bit now, these razors get a lot of good reviews for being so moderately priced.

I misunderstood the "It ain't much but it's home" part of this P.I.F. in my initial post so here's all I've got for now.....
I have weathered a few intense alpine storms in tents before(one in particular comes to mind) where I wasn't thinking so much that "it isn't much but it's home", but more along the lines of "thank goodness I invested in a bomber tent, and also I hope I don't get struck by lightning".

Top Bottom