What's new

PIF - FAKE Polsilver SI blades

Count me in! I'm a regular user of Polsilver blades and would like to know what a counterfeit one is like. PM sent with address.

Thanks for this PIF!!!

The Blades arrived in today's mail!! Looking forward to loading one of these "almost genuine" Polsilver Blades and seeing how they perform!!

Thank you, @bobmsp, for the opportunity to try these!!

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I accidentally bought 400 of the controversial Polsilver blades with only the extra stainless printed on the blades. They weren’t bad at all. Not as great as the real thing, but they did work surprisingly well. I am sure there are some really bad fakes out there though. But mine aren’t bad. I gave a lot of them away too. No one has complained about them yet. 😎

I accidentally bought 400 of the controversial Polsilver blades with only the extra stainless printed on the blades. They weren’t bad at all. Not as great as the real thing, but they did work surprisingly well. I am sure there are some really bad fakes out there though. But mine aren’t bad. I gave a lot of them away too. No one has complained about them yet. 😎
Having received them yesterday, I couldn't wait to load one up, so I tried one of @bobmsp's fake Polsilver blades this morning, and I have to agree with you. They actually performed well, close shave, mostly comfortable, maybe in the upper, middle tier of blades. As far as fake blades go, these are very nice!!

Having received them yesterday, I couldn't wait to load one up, so I tried one of @bobmsp's fake Polsilver blades this morning, and I have to agree with you. They actually performed well, close shave, mostly comfortable, maybe in the upper, middle tier of blades. As far as fake blades go, these are very nice!!
It is great that they work for you. @alin found unbranded tucks with their signature Extra Stainless printing style for small money so no need to pay Polsilver prices.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
It is great that they work for you. @alin found unbranded tucks with their signature Extra Stainless printing style for small money so no need to pay Polsilver prices.
My blades were small money for Polsilvers. But they were still quite expensive. About $18 per 100 pack shipped for a quantity of 400 from Poland. This was several years ago, when Polsilvers just started getting scarce and expensive. But before we discovered that Wizamets are practically the same blade. Live and learn. At the time, I immediately knew something was not right with those blades and did a bunch of research to uncover the story. Now there are thousands of posts on the subject, and people still don’t know the real story of these blades. Are they fake? Or some kind of alternate run for another market? Who knows. And again, just because some of these controversial Polsilvers are good shavers, doesn’t mean there are not blatant Chinese fakes out there that could produce horrible shave results. This all makes for great entertainment though!

Add me to the list of shavers who thought these fakes were pretty good. This morning's shave was borderline DFS/BBS.
A little sting from the alum, but not much.

Associated gear was a Dark Stag DE, an Omega 10049, Thayer's Astringent, and WMS.
If this blade is a fake, send me more fakes!

Last edited:
I finally got around to these blades. Just going by the first shave they're certainly not top tier, but they are serviceable. I've used worse "Cheap" blades like Shark SS, Dorco STs, or Gillette Wilkinson Sword Saloon are better IMO. I'll add them to the random rotation. The gear used was a Game Changer .68OC and Razorock black label. I got a good shave even though the blade could have been sharper.

Thanks for the experience @bobmsp

is it possible to see a photo of the blades ( and outer box ) you are talking about?
Many thanks

Top Bottom