What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF - Dollar Tree Razor Challenge

The recent thread about the Dollar Tree "Assured for Men" razor reminded me that I still had one that I bought just to try.

All you have to do is post below "I'll try it" and I'll pick a random "winner" this Friday morning 6/24. We will expect to read your post describing your shave or attempt to shave with this fine piece of equipment. The no-name blades that came with it have been disposed of, so you don't have to worry about those.

The razor has been used once, there was no blood, and it's been cleaned and sanitized.

To try and ensure we get a few participants I'll include some blades and a handy tiny plastic spoon for scooping your favorite shave soap.

CONUS only please, USPS shipping is on me.

20220620_104654.jpg

I'm honestly surprised at the lack of interest, I've never seen a PIF that needed a carnival barker to attract attention, but I guess this is the one. I know it ain't much, but it is free, all you gotta do is take a chance. And there are 33 free blades.

Here's my review of this razor from back in February. It's really not that bad of a razor. It does demand close attention.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hey there @Big_T, do you have any Arko to go with it?

Just kidding 😀 I'll give it a go. I'm in!
Brother! Besmirching the name of Arko!

Western Civilization is over, sigh....

Good luck to the entrants! I have a real close clone of this razor. It punches way above it's weight class....

I'll sit this out, but honestly, some newbs need to jump in on this! I use mine for vacations.

I live in Brazil, this way I have to send the razor from US to my country. Probably the razor will be here only in August.

Sound like it is a very scary razor 😜

FarmerTan

Here in the Brazilian countryside, people call those Clone razors “little garden hoe” 😂

View attachment 1475574
That blade honestly looks like it could shave!

Or make a great weapon! My father in law once put a well sharpened pitch fork through a ground hog! Good thing he didn't miss; those are nasty beasts!

My wife just bludgeons them to death with a shovel. Raccoons too!

Now you know why she's called "The War Department!"

FarmerTan

Thank you, my friend. Likewise. If you are ever in Albuquerque let me know and we can swap Arko stories in person!
It's funny, but I truly have always wanted to see that part of the country. Been to Phoenix, Southern California, Sierra Nevada.... The only places left are New England, the Pacific Northwest, Northern California, Rocky Mountain states.... I have been blessed in this life. But this is a BIG beautiful country I live in.

To try and gain a few more participants, I'll bump this thread every evening until I do the random drawing on Friday morning. So far it's not very random with only one name in the hat. :(

I'm in the 2022 restraint and winning this PIF isn't how I want to go out! Thanks, but not in.

Good luck to whoever wins! These things can be a lot of fun for those of us with an adventurous spirit! How bad can it be, right?!

Top Bottom