What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF - Dollar Tree Razor Challenge

E16CF138-7A16-4CE2-9165-F7F5F5F25DF9.jpeg

Oh gosh.

I gotta say it went better than I thought it would. Maybe due to going much slower, but both sides feel equally smooth. I did two passes, with and against. I used Nacet blades and Arctique soap.

WTG was more efficient than I expected. It’s the reason I decided on just two passes. I got two weepers on this pass. One near my mustache, and one on my neck. I went about half speed, so I can only imagine the mess at full speed.

ATG was better. No new weepers, but definitely rough going. No tugging or any, just sounding like a hatchback towing a full size pickup up hill. Yeesh. Aesthetically displeasing, but got the job done.

I’m pretty new to wetshaving, but I realized a few things.

1. Arctique is menthol incarnate
2. I’m shaving too fast. If I got good results with this Yugo, I should get better results with better tools
3. This should be someone’s second razor. To help you clean up technique.

Please ask about things I didn’t mention.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Oh gosh.

I gotta say it went better than I thought it would. Maybe due to going much slower, but both sides feel equally smooth. I did two passes, with and against. I used Nacet blades and Arctique soap.

WTG was more efficient than I expected. It’s the reason I decided on just two passes. I got two weepers on this pass. One near my mustache, and one on my neck. I went about half speed, so I can only imagine the mess at full speed.

ATG was better. No new weepers, but definitely rough going. No tugging or any, just sounding like a hatchback towing a full size pickup up hill. Yeesh. Aesthetically displeasing, but got the job done.

I’m pretty new to wetshaving, but I realized a few things.

1. Arctique is menthol incarnate
2. I’m shaving too fast. If I got good results with this Yugo, I should get better results with better tools
3. This should be someone’s second razor. To help you clean up technique.

Please ask about things I didn’t mention.

When you mentioned that you were shaving too fast with it, I knew right away you were doing something wrong. That Dollar Tree tech clone requires the highest level of respect, there is no shaving willy nilly with it Mr. Speed Racer lol. That Dollar Tree razor is well known in this community for being a weeper generator, especially to those who are not careful with it.

I see you put a fat handle on the razor head now, emphasis on fat, because its even a fatter handle then on a Gillette Fatboy razor lol. I want to thank you for your review, although I must admit, I already knew what was going to happen to you, based on previous witness accounts. Hey, if you want a speed racer razor, that allows you to do quick shaves without nicks and weepers, have a look at the Henson razors.

I got the Henson AL13 Medium in Steel Blue, and I can literally fling this razor around, and shave fast with it, and I haven't gotten a nick, weeper, or capillary bleeding of the unwanted yet! Maintaining razor angle is also easy with this razor, because it uses a set angle, as in, there's only one proper angle, you literally can't mess this up!

proxy.php
proxy.php

NOTE: Razor comes in many different colors. ;)

Top Bottom