What's new

(PIF)Do you enjoy music during your wet shave?

Do you like listening to music during your shave?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I enjoy listening to music while I shave. I feel like it only adds that much more to the ambiance and mood of my shaves. I'm into classical/guitar or jazz like Chris Botti with little to no lyrics. Something without a lot of sudden changes in tempo or unexpected dubstep beats.... Not exactly like ole Charlie Chaplan's shaves, but similar.

Do you enjoy listening to music while you're scraping your face? If so, tell me what your favorite genre is or who your favorite artist is to listen to? Also if there is anything else you do to relax before, during, or after your shave. MAKE SURE TO SAY "I'M IN" IF YOU'RE IN.

I'll be PIFing off a Long Comb Gillette New(user grade condition), Arko Maximum Comfort Shaving Cream(2/3 full, it disagrees with my skin), some aftershave yet to be decided, and a few tucks of blades yet to be decided. I'll end the PIF on TUESDAY after Memorial Day by use of a random number generator.

Best wishes and have a great week!

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
I always listen to Motown when I shave, live for Otis Redding and Ray Charles. I love classic rock most of the time, but while shaving I feel like it brings the barber shop to me with those tunes.

Too many different types of music do it for me to nail it down to one style. I like everything from the Beatles to Led Zeppelin to Mozart. Personally, I listen to music all the time and have at least 2500 songs on my phone which gets bluetoothed through the car speakers or through my home speakers. While I'm shaving though, the only music I hear is the blade cutting the whiskers. That is also music to my ears

I'm a big fan of old school punk rock, and metal. The harder and faster the better.
oh yeah, I'm in! Thanks for the PIF as I am almost out of the Arko sample I got from Purplemonkey, so I need some more.

I dock my iPhone while shaving most days. My tastes are all over the place.

John Prine
Grateful Dead
Rodrigues
Seasick Steve
Frank Zappa
Rihanna
The Rolling Stones

and the list goes on...

I'm in,
Thanks!

i'm in! i love listening to music while shaving. i use my iphone to play music. the type of music i listen to depends on the time of day. when i shave at night, i would listen to classical music, early mornings rock, late morning or afternoon either jazz or beatles.

I'm in. Usually I'll listen to some John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, Buddy Guy, thelonius monk, muddy waters, bb king, john Lee hooker.

I'm in. I listen to music if I can without waking up my 2 year old. My wife calls me a metal head but I don't actually like heavy metal, more hard rock kinda stuff.

Edit: I'm going to sit this one out, I've been fortunate enough this month!
Great PIF and great opportunity for someone here.
Good luck gents!

Last edited:
Too many different types of music do it for me to nail it down to one style. I like everything from the Beatles to Led Zeppelin to Mozart. Personally, I listen to music all the time and have at least 2500 songs on my phone which gets bluetoothed through the car speakers or through my home speakers. While I'm shaving though, the only music I hear is the blade cutting the whiskers. That is also music to my ears
I hear that i have over 60,000 songs from classical to heavy death metal, country, punk, foreign, and everything in between :lol:

I like to hear the shave and I think that music would just distract from that.

Edit: forgot to say I'm in.

Last edited:
I'm in. I don't listen to music while shaving, but my favorite song writer/artist of all time is Gordon Lightfoot.
cottontop

I listen to Coast-to-Coast with George Noory for my 3am weekday shaves. But it's classical on Saturday and all gospel on Sunday mornings!

And I'm in!

Last edited:
Top Bottom