What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF: DE Kit

Here's a kit for a beginner, or maybe somebody who can get more use out of these items than I can.
-Art of Shaving DE Safety Razor. It's a Mühle R89 with heavy duty handle, but absent of any markings. It has a "4" stamped on the cap, which I assume is Mühle's quality control number. New in the box.
-Four tucks of Gillette Platinum blades, unopened. So 20 blades.
-Three tucks of Astra Superior Platinum blades, unopened. 15 blades.
-Omega 63171 "Stripey" pure badger brush with stand. New in the tube.
-Two pucks of Williams shave soap. NIB.
-Two sealed shave sticks, Arko.
-Porcelain shave bowl, approximately 2-1/2" tall and 3-1/2" wide. This was a crafts project.
-Full bottle of Brut aftershave.
-Full bottle of Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave.
-Mini sampler of 30mL aftershave decants. There are six, all labeled.
-Clubman styptic pencil for weepers. New in packaging.
-I just happened to find a Lord L6 three-piece razor, a Gillette Tech copy. It's had one use, but is cleaned and sterilized.

Shipping is included, worldwide. I will pick a winner on January 31st.

To win, tell me what DE blade didn't live up to your expectations and why. That's it :)

Last edited:
The blade that disappointed me the most was the Wilkinson Sword, because I consider it to be a brand totally based on classic shaving, and yet all I had to do was touch the blade to my face while shaving to bleed and get irritated skin. I was very sorry because I always considered a brand dedicated to wet shaving...

Great PIF.

Shipping alcohol world wide will be a challenge, assuming the AS contains it.

Not in, thanks, as none of my razors have been disappointments! 😋

I’m in !
Great PIF

I am 19days into my DE journey and loving every shave. I’m greatly looking forward to being able to try each of those blades listed as I’ve yet to try any of those.

I can say that I love the Astra SS and Feather. I’ve had lackluster performance with the Merkur, but not nearly as bad an experience as I’ve had with the VDH. The blade was not smooth nor noticeably sharp. First use I was able to complete my standard 2pass shave, but with some burn. I’m not new to wet shaving in general, but I rarely experience razor burn. Normally operator error on my end. The second shave for me was a hard stop with the tugging on my first pass, I didn’t even attempt the second.

To be fair, another B&B member suggested I cork my next VDH in rotation.

I’m in !
Great PIF

I am 19days into my DE journey and loving every shave. I’m greatly looking forward to being able to try each of those blades listed as I’ve yet to try any of those.

I can say that I love the Astra SS and Feather. I’ve had lackluster performance with the Merkur, but not nearly as bad an experience as I’ve had with the VDH. The blade was not smooth nor noticeably sharp. First use I was able to complete my standard 2pass shave, but with some burn. I’m not new to wet shaving in general, but I rarely experience razor burn. Normally operator error on my end. The second shave for me was a hard stop with the tugging on my first pass, I didn’t even attempt the second.

To be fair, another B&B member suggested I cork my next VDH in rotation.
I have a few extra tucks (6) of Astra SS if you want me to send them your way. Same with the VDH blades; they just don't work for me. DM me an address and they're yours.

I'm in, thank you for this very generous and excellent PIF.

I like a lot of different blades, Derby Extras, Astra SP, Nacet, Feather. I had read several good reviews of the Shark Chrome so I was expecting a good if not DFS but got the opposite. Binned after one use. As Carly Simon said; I haven't got time for the pain. (only had the one blade, in a sampler)

I'm in, thank you for this very generous and excellent PIF.

I like a lot of different blades, Derby Extras, Astra SP, Nacet, Feather. I had read several good reviews of the Shark Chrome so I was expecting a good if not DFS but got the opposite. Binned after one use. As Carly Simon said; I haven't got time for the pain.
Never heard a bad word about the Nacets.

Hi, I'm a newbie. I'm participating. Great shaving products. I just don't want it to be like this again.
proxy.php
What blade was that?

I’m in.

The third blade I tried was the Treet New Steel. The blade was dull, tuggy and I didn’t know that is a carbon steel blade, so the blade rust inside my razor :(

I'm still on my first box of blades, so I don't have any comparison to make as to my worst blade. I would say my first blade ever/my first shave. I was expecting a closer shave than compared to my disposable, but it didn't happen. My technique has improved some.

I'm still on my first box of blades, so I don't have any comparison to make as to my worst blade. I would say my first blade ever/my first shave. I was expecting a closer shave than compared to my disposable, but it didn't happen. My technique has improved some.
What blade are you using?

I am in.
For me it has to be Perma Sharp. My first shave was beautiful. But the change on the second shave left my face bloody. I did not see that coming.

Now back the drawing board. Thank you for the generous PIF!

I’m in, very generous. Thanks for the chance! So far I haven’t found a blade that I hate but I’m not experienced enough to use Feathers without feeling raw and nicking a mole.

Top Bottom