What's new

PIF: Clauss USMC Straight Razor - US Marines Only

I happened to acquire a Clauss, French Point, 5/8", hollow ground U.S.M.C razor last December. It was a bit beat up on arrival, but I've gotten her cleaned up, back into shape, and ready for use. But she needs a good home where someone will both respect and appreciate her.

So I'm offering this shave-ready (by my standards) razor as a PIF to any current or former US Marine (though I hear it's "once a Marine, always a Marine"). Apologies to everyone else, but I believe it will have more personal meaning to those for whom it was originally manufactured. The PIF is not limited to those in the CONUS, but only CONUS shipping is included. All others will be required to pay shipping.

So starting now, and continuing through Sunday, April 21 at 2:00 pm Pacific Time, please post here if you'd like to be considered to be in for this PIF. I'll assign numbers based on the order of your "I'm In" posts and will draw a random winner on the 21st. Please note that since I really want the razor to go to a Marine, I reserve the right to request personal information from the winner for the sole purpose of verifying their service.

With my thanks,
Alan

IMG_20190413_162329.jpg

IMG_20190413_162444.jpg

No need to apologize. As a former Army Warrant Officer, I think every Marine needs a boost of encouragement. They all came so close to the gold ring, but still fell short. Just kidding, of course. I appreciate all who serve. Good luck to you all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Crap, I knew I should have been a Marine instead of Air Force.

Just kidding, growing up near Camp Lejeune was enough Marine for me.

Great pif.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I happened to acquire a Clauss, French Point, 5/8", hollow ground U.S.M.C razor last December. It was a bit beat up on arrival, but I've gotten her cleaned up, back into shape, and ready for use. But she needs a good home where someone will both respect and appreciate her.

So I'm offering this shave-ready (by my standards) razor as a PIF to any current or former US Marine (though I hear it's "once a Marine, always a Marine"). Apologies to everyone else, but I believe it will have more personal meaning to those for whom it was originally manufactured. The PIF is not limited to those in the CONUS, but only CONUS shipping is included. All others will be required to pay shipping.

So starting now, and continuing through Sunday, April 21 at 2:00 pm Pacific Time, please post here if you'd like to be considered to be in for this PIF. I'll assign numbers based on the order of your "I'm In" posts and will draw a random winner on the 21st. Please note that since I really want the razor to go to a Marine, I reserve the right to request personal information from the winner for the sole purpose of verifying their service.

With my thanks,
Alan

View attachment 972201
View attachment 972200
Absolutely wonderful thoughtful PIF!!!

You should mod the rules to state they have to use it to shave with, not slice their crayons.

Nice pif. APO/AEO addresses should ship for the same price as CONUS, if you didn’t know.

I may have to enlist to win my own razor! Do they take 58 year old recruits? (Lord I hope not...)
  • To enlist, you must be a U.S. citizen or a resident alien.
  • Meet exacting physical, mental, and moral standards.
  • Be between the ages of 17-29. Seventeen-year olds need parental consent.
  • Have a high school diploma.
  • Take and pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test.
  • Pass a Military Entrance Processing Station medical exam.
Your clear. :)

Think I washed out on the "exacting physical, mental, and moral standards" before we even got to the age... Not saying whether it was physical, mental, or moral...

Well, it's 3:24pm here on the California coast. As of 2:00pm there was only one entrant, though I've not seen such a thing in the year I've been on the board.

Congratulations @BeaverIslander! You are the proud new owner. Please contact me via PM with shipping details and I'll send the razor off via US Mail.

And to you and all others that have served their country, you have my thanks.

Top Bottom