What's new

PIF - Canadian pass-around/PIF of 3 Graydog brushes

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
@Graydog (Steve) does some wonderful work on his lathe, making some very nice handles that he often PIFs to (sometimes unsuspecting!) members of our great community. He truly embodies the spirit of "B&B family" generosity we have come to know and love. :ouch1:

He recently sent me a package and it contained oodles of his lathering goodies. So much so, that there was no way that I could keep them all to myself and not share. Although, truth be told, that thought did cross my mind. :ihih:

I have used these brushes each twice as well as initially giving them an wash and 2 day soak in cold water, and while the boars still need need to be fully broken in, tips are already splitting on some hairs. The horse Steve used is simply a wonderful knot and, if I already didn't own a horse from him, this would without doubt be staying in my den.

Below are three of Graydog's creations, with my take on their handle type. All are made from the giant maple that came crashing down in his backyard either last year or the year before. (Man, I'm getting old and can't remember things! :wheelchair:)

upload_2019-3-24_19-27-34.png

1. Maple handle, Semogue 1470-type w/Omega boar
2. Maple handle, Simpson Harvard-type w/Omega boar
3. Maple handle, Graydog w/horse

So what's happening here?

Three winners of the PIF are required. All three brushes go to winner-1, winner-1 gets to hold the brushes for a week or so, pick one, and then ship the remainder off to the next winner (after letting the brushes dry first!!).

Simple right?

The requirements:
1) Be in Canada (help reduce shipping costs)
2) Do not own a Graydog creation already
3) Agree to pass on the remaining brush(es) to the next winner on the list.

The skill-testing questions (both parts must be answered correctly):
a) What is the name of Steve's dog?
b) What is the name of the first brush he gave me?

The first three sets of correct answers will be the winners.
Use Spoiler tags if you wish to hide your (correct or incorrect) answers.
PS. Don't open someone's spoilers until you have guessed (scout's honour applies)
upload_2019-3-24_19-55-47.png

Thanks, Steve, for all you do! :ouch1: ..... :badger: ..... :001_tt1:

Wowzas! This was very generous of @Graydog and of @rockviper. Being Canadian and never owning a Graydog brush, I've love to get in on this one. :a50:

I'm going to go with Gracie and "The Viper" for my answers with a bit of help from the search function.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Great PiF, Sam! Someone is going to be a happy camper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Very cool, although Canadian I’m not much of a boar guy. But a very generous act of sharing the love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woo hoo! I am in what an awesome pif @rockviper...

1. I am Canadian and proud! 2. Well you can go with Holly, Cleo or Art 3. “The Viper”

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Still need one more frozen (but thawing) fellow Canuck (and correct answers!) The provided ones so far might need a *wee* bit more investigation, but one of them is near perfect!

I can say with certainty that I am wrong. In.
Dog: Mycroft
Brush: Excaliboar

OK I did some sleuthing. I qualify on the Canadian part too. I'll buy you a beverage if you want to meet up at the centre of the universe some day.

Brushes are too pretty to resist.

Dog: Grace
Brush: The Viper

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Close enough, folks! We have our three!

Congrats to @ShavingPanda , @Somnos , and @T.Orso ! (and a big THANK YOU to @Graydog!)
:jump: :badger::a5::badger::jump:

Correct answers are :
a) Phyllis
b) rocky

Well, okay, they're not. :tongue_sm

Correct answers are :
a) Grace (Gracie is close and, being Canadian, I'll take it!)
b) Viper

Top Bottom