What's new

GIVEAWAY! PIF: Canada, U.S., Central & South America

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
And, the winner is... (drum roll, please)... @RogerThat. Congratulations!

That Yaqi Moka brush is stunning. Please IM your name and mailing address so this shaving package gets a new home.

Many thanks to:
  • @jesseix for his coffee-spewing meme - I laughed every time I opened this thread.
  • @dotKomo & @Captain Pre-Capsize for participating in the Cubs/Cardinals rivalry - the best in baseball.
  • @KeenDogg for his gentle nudging when my humor wasn't.
  • @Beefdrippings for his generous donation to the St. Sue Moore Memorial Fundraiser.
The Badger & Blade brotherhood is a place full of gentlemen. What a wonderful corner of the internet.

3AD091B9-BDC0-4863-8239-F92BFD9A992A.jpegEEA196D9-36B8-4BB8-8380-8276DEC28125.png

And, the winner is... (drum roll, please)... @RogerThat. Congratulations!

That Yaqi Moka brush is stunning. Please IM your name and mailing address so this shaving package gets a new home.

Many thanks to:
  • @jesseix for his coffee-spewing meme - I laughed every time I opened this thread.
  • @dotKomo & @Captain Pre-Capsize for participating in the Cubs/Cardinals rivalry - the best in baseball.
  • @KeenDogg for his gentle nudging when my humor wasn't.
  • @Beefdrippings for his generous donation to the St. Sue Moore Memorial Fundraiser.
The Badger & Blade brotherhood is a place full of gentlemen. What a wonderful corner of the internet.

View attachment 1360131View attachment 1360448
Outstanding!! Thank you for your generosity @Messygoon !!

Good news! Just received the package.

Thanks to @Messygoon for his generous PIF.

I'm blown away by the quality of the gear.

The soap smells great! Both the Fatip Grande OC razor and the Yaqi Moka Express Synthetic brush feel good in the hand. This will be my first use with the Feather and Bic blades.

Thanks again to Messygoon. Watch this space for updates!

IMG_20211115_183820609.jpg

Great Shave Gear! Great Shave!

Great news! I just finished my shave. Outstanding. Best Shave of the Year!!!

IMG_20211115_204103943.jpg

Razor: Fatip Grande Chrome Open Comb
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express Synthetic 24mm
Soap: Dr. Jon’s Runaway Vegan Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Thayers Rose Petal WH, Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated Aftershave Balm
Growth: 73 hours
Passes: WTG, XTG, ATG, cleanup
Rating: 10/10

This was the first time I ever used any of this shave gear.

However, with the Fatip Grande, I have shaved with the Fatip Piccolo, my favorite razor. So I'm familiar with the Fatip razor head, the Grande has a wider, longer hollow handle vs the shorter, thinner solid Piccolo handle. The Fatip Grande weighs a couple ounces less than the Piccolo. So same head different handle. I liked the feel and balance of the all solid brass (cap, baseplate & handle) Italian constructed Fatip Grande. The Grande has good grip with its vertical piping on the handle. I found the Grande allowed me more maneuverabilty and felt slightly better in hand than the Piccolo. They're both great razors that I recommend. The Grande is a good alternative for shavers that prefer a wider, longer handle and would like to experience the Fatip, a modern classic razor. I shave every 2 to 3 days, so the Fatip Grande is the perfect razor for me. With the V2 razor head, the Fatip Grande is a mild, moderate efficient shave.

@Messygoon also provided an additional tuck of Feather blades. This is my first time shaving with these legendary blades. I like a sharp blade, mild razor combo. I loaded the Feather blade with the razor head in the palm of my hand, tightened the handle onto the nice long thread to secure the blade. Blade alignment and balance was perfect, spot on.

I love how the Yaqi Moka Express shave brush looks and feels in the hand. It sports a solid translucent amber resin six sided handle that looks like a light colored coffee. It is inspired by the Bialetti Moka Express iconic stovetop espresso maker. The Moka Mew brown knot is the softest brush tips that I ever felt on my face. I've seen online speculation that it may be the same as the SynBad knot from APShaveCo, but I'm not sure. Either way, the brush lathers efficiently, good splay, zero scritch, very soft tips, great painter and surprising backbone. It's a great brush!!!

Dr. Jon’s Runaway Vegan Shaving Soap is a limited edition tribute shave soap to the Queen of Rock and Roll, Joan Jett.

This soft croap's main scent notes are Cherry, Carnation, Clover, Leather and Musk. The scent off the puck that I detect is a sweet floral cherry. 5 out 10 scent strength. Smells great! Lathered, the scent strength is 3 out of 10.

Runaway soap has some nourishing skin friendly ingredients that leave the skin feeling smooth and moisturized after your shave.

Here's a picture of the Ingredients:

IMG_20211118_162955763.jpg

Runaway Soap lathers easily, peaky, moist, creamy lather. This soap takes lots of water. Tried to drown it on my Tuesday night test lather and could not break down its lather goodness. Feels good on the skin, great barrier of slickness and cushion, good initial and residual slickness, good razor glide and excellent post shave feel.

I had a cold water, bowl lathered, 3 pass BBS result. Great shave! Best Shave of the Year!!!

Again I want to thank @Messygoon for his great PIF. I was blown away by the quality of this shave gear he included.

IMG_20211119_115118274.jpg

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.

View attachment 1365398

Aftershave: Thayers Rose Petal WH, Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated Aftershave Balm

However, with the Fatip Grande, I have shaved with the Fatip Piccolo, my favorite razor. So I'm familiar with the Fatip razor head, the Grande has a wider, longer hollow handle vs the shorter, thinner solid Piccolo handle. The Fatip Grande weighs a couple ounces less than the Piccolo. So same head different handle. I liked the feel and balance of the all solid brass (cap, baseplate & handle) Italian constructed Fatip Grande. The Grande has good grip with its vertical piping on the handle. I found the Grande allowed me more maneuverabilty and felt slightly better in hand than the Piccolo. They're both great razors that I recommend. The Grande is a good alternative for shavers that prefer a wider, longer handle and would like to experience the Fatip, a modern classic razor. I shave every 2 to 3 days, so the Fatip Grande is the perfect razor for me. With the V2 razor head, the Fatip Grande is a mild, moderate efficient shave.

@Messygoon also provided an additional tuck of Feather blades. This is my first time shaving with these legendary blades. I like a sharp blade, mild razor combo. I loaded the Feather blade with the razor head in the palm of my hand, tightened the handle onto the nice long thread to secure the blade. Blade alignment and balance was perfect, spot on.

I love how the Yaqi Moka Express shave brush looks and feels in the hand. It sports a solid translucent amber resin six sided handle that looks like a light colored coffee. It is inspired by the Bialetti Moka Express iconic stovetop espresso maker. The Moka Mew brown knot is the softest brush tips that I ever felt on my face. I've seen online speculation that it may be the same as the SynBad knot from APShaveCo, but I'm not sure. Either way, the brush lathers efficiently, good splay, zero scritch, very soft tips, great painter and surprising backbone. It's a great brush!!!

Dr. Jon’s Runaway Vegan Shaving Soap is a limited edition tribute shave soap to the Queen of Rock and Roll, Joan Jett.

This soft croap's main scent notes are Cherry, Carnation, Clover, Leather and Musk. The scent off the puck that I detect is a sweet floral cherry. 5 out 10 scent strength. Smells great! Lathered, the scent strength is 3 out of 10.

Runaway soap has some nourishing skin friendly ingredients that leave the skin feeling smooth and moisturized after your shave.

View attachment 1365400

Runaway Soap lathers easily, peaky, moist, creamy lather. This soap takes lots of water. Tried to drown it on my Tuesday night test lather and could not break down its lather goodness. Feels good on the skin, great barrier of slickness and cushion, good initial and residual slickness, good razor glide and excellent post shave feel.

I had a cold water, bowl lathered, 3 pass BBS result. Great shave! Best Shave of the Year!!!

Again I want to thank @Messygoon for his great PIF. I was blown away by the quality of this shave gear he included.

View attachment 1365402
On behalf of @Beefdrippings, who originally contributed these items, you’re quite welcome. Delighted you experienced such a great shave and then shared with our community. Impressive lathering skills, and I learned a lot from your post, such as the inspirations for the Yaqi Moka brush and Rockstar soap.

All the best my friend!

Cheers @Messygoon! My first and hopefully not last auction. Nice pics @RogerThat . Love to see this stuff being appreciated. :thumbup:
On behalf of @Beefdrippings, who originally contributed these items, you’re quite welcome. Delighted you experienced such a great shave and then shared with our community. Impressive lathering skills, and I learned a lot from your post, such as the inspirations for the Yaqi Moka brush and Rockstar soap.

All the best my friend!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

View attachment 1365398

View attachment 1365400

View attachment 1365402

EXCELLENT review my friend! Way to go @Messygoon and @Beefdrippings on raising the bar for PIFFING!

Top Bottom